Not booking excursions through the cruise line

PTMT

Does anyone have any info on how to book excursions separate from the cruise line? I have seen posts suggesting that people do this because it is a great cost savings, but no specifics.

If anyone has done this and had a favorable experience, could you provide details on how you booked, etc.? We are sailing the Miracle on 9/13 to Grand Turk, Nassau and Half Moon Cay. We are looking at doing an excursion on at least one of those stops.

Thanks for any input!

Patti

Head over to the "Ports of Call" boards here on Cruise Critic. There is more information there than you'll know what to do with. :D I've never been steered wrong by any of the reviews on there of the tours. You'll soon learn that if there's ANYTHING to complain about, CC'ers will FIND it, and happily report back (in this case, for which I am thankful). ;)

Thank you very much for the info - I will head to that forum now. I can't believe how much info is on this site!

BTW - I am a HUGE Jimmy Buffett fan - love your screen name!

Patti

Thanks! LOL I've been a ParrotHead FOR-EVER, it seems. Have you cruised before? If not, you're going to have a new appreciation for some of your favorite Buffett songs after seeing the places he sings of. You'll be bitten by "the bug" for certain!

This place is amazing...my first cruise I booked with a TA who happened to be a total MORON (she actually was convinced that the GALLEY is a HALLWAY) and I knew more about cruising after a week here on CC than she did period. LOL

Archived