Megan's cruise wedding review- Carnival Destiny 8/15/09

I know the Onyx but I'm not sure about Aft, maybe it's the Apollo? The Onyx is the Cigar bar, it is big and has a nice comfy feel but it may smell like cigars if that bothers you. I know we took pics there the last night, I'll find them and attach a link.

Thanks so much I need to just trust my coordinator and go with the Onyx.

Patrice

I didn't find it until later in the cruise but it was a fun and relaxing place to hang, it has a stage that is level so you wouldn't have to walk up stairs and it has a huge bar and nice seating, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Megan,

Your pictures are beautiful! I am getting married on the Carnival Liberty in May and I was worried about our photos being very High School Prom! I hope ours turn out as gorgeous as yours. I am also looking for silk flowers for the bridal party and myself? Does AA have an online website?

I hope I hear from you!

Allie

Sorry Megan! I found my answer in one of your previous posts. Thanks so much.

I'm looking to get married in June 2011 and have been looking for reviews on weddings on cruise ships, yours by far is the best, thanks for posting all that information. How early did contact Carnival about booking a wedding?

Megan, I had a question in regards to Angel Accents. Were the packages offered for flower arrangements through Carnival too expensive or not a variety is that why you went with Angel Accents, or why did you choose them?

Actually I didn't even inquire about the ones through Carnival, I saw lots of recommendations for AAs and went on the website and fell in love with one of the pictures and had it in my head that that was what I wanted so I went with it.

• 5 months later...

Question about Angels Accents, how early did you have the flowers shipped to you? I just sent a quote form through today and wrote down I needed the flowers a few days earlier from when we flew out, but now I'm second guessing myself :)

They want to get them to you a couple of weeks before you depart so there is ample to time if things need to be fixed, they will probably come up with a good delivery date when they call you about the quote.

• 8 months later...

Hi There!

Wow.. nobody's posted in almost a year, but my fiancee and I have just decided that a wedding on a Carnival cruise might be exactly what we want to do! So I've been scouring the internet and found your wedding review, thank you so much for it, and for the pictures!

Also thank you for telling me what AA means, I have found their website and the arrangements look gorgeous and so real. Did someone say there was an option for them to ship them right to your destination? I'd rather the flowers be there then trying to pack them in our luggage, Lord knows I have enough luggage as it is.

Did you work with any wedding planning people like Destination Weddings or The Wedding Experience?

Also, that photography package at first scared me (the price) but then I was like, what am I thinking, I was going to pay at least that for a photographer for my wedding at home. Do you have a list of the photography package prices? Of course they might even be more expensive by the time I get married (hoping for April 2012 my travel agent is just looking for quotes now). Also, you mentioned the videographer, did you ask for a videographer from Carnival or was that an outside thing?

Was there an option for you to hold your reception afterwards, like say if you wanted to do the ceremony then have the reception later in the evening, because I don't think I'll have any non-sailing guests, but I will have a few kids from different family members and I doubt they will want to stay cooped up for wedding + reception, I have a feeling my niece will be in her bathing suit before I can even get my wedding dress on.

Oh, and how long was your ceremony? Can you ask for a different officiant like for religious purposes?

Nobody's room is going to be ready when we get on?

One last question... (for now lol)

I'm not sure if you did anything like this but I am planning on little welcome packages (people call them OOT bags) for my guests and would love for Carnival to be able to put them in my guests rooms on that first day. Do you think they'd do something like this?

Thank you for any assistance you or anyone else who has gotten married since on a Carnival cruise can provide :)

Archived