Need advise if join local tour to Lamanaia or Xunantunich at port

PC168

We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids, age 11 & 13), we want to goto either Lamanaia or Xunantunich ruins, have checked shore excursion from RCCL and it is quite expensive for 4 of us. Just wondering if there are local tours that are available once we dock? Does anyone have any experience to do so as far as prices and how long, noticed RCCL offers 5+ hours and 7 hours... if we do ourselves, do we have enough time?

Thanks in advance.

here's some links. May not necessarily be any cheaper. And I can't vouch for any of them. do keep in mind that eithe rof these places are a distance away from the port and depending upon how much time your ship has in port and when the last tender is leaving, you may or maynot be able to do these tours via a local tour guide and still be able to catch the ship.

http://www.experiencebelizetours.com/xunantunich.html

http://www.gibsonstoursandtransfers.com/PDFs/LandEcoBrochPDF.pdf

http://www.belizeanadventures.com/lamanai-maya-temple.html

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-city/Belize/Lamanai/tpod.html

We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids, age 11 & 13), we want to goto either Lamanaia or Xunantunich ruins, have checked shore excursion from RCCL and it is quite expensive for 4 of us. Just wondering if there are local tours that are available once we dock? Does anyone have any experience to do so as far as prices and how long, noticed RCCL offers 5+ hours and 7 hours... if we do ourselves, do we have enough time?

Thanks in advance.

You might want to scroll down a bit. When I was looking last week I read a large thread about booking privately (which we do in many places including Russia) and the concerns were the time factor. Many just go back for the last tender. I think we will be booking with the cruise this time to ensure we get back and they hold the boat. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Sue

We went to Lamanai using Belizecruiseexcurtions and had a wonderful time. I do not think that you could pick up a tour on the dock for this tour. It is a long - but wonderful - day. We made sure to be one of the first off the ship to make sure we had enough time. This tour really needs to be booked in advance and I am not sure you will find a better price.

If you are in port from 7am - 5pm, you should have time. We were in port from 8am - 3pm and we made it back without a problem - although I wish we had more time at the site to explore a bit more.

We went to Lamanai using Belizecruiseexcurtions and had a wonderful time. I do not think that you could pick up a tour on the dock for this tour. It is a long - but wonderful - day. We made sure to be one of the first off the ship to make sure we had enough time. This tour really needs to be booked in advance and I am not sure you will find a better price.

If you are in port from 7am - 5pm, you should have time. We were in port from 8am - 3pm and we made it back without a problem - although I wish we had more time at the site to explore a bit more.

I can also recommend Belizecruiseexcurtions to Lamana. I used them last October. It was a very nice trip, even with the ruins being muddy due to recent heavy rains. They got us back to the port with time left for shopping, or a beverage (or two). ;)

We did make reservations in advance.

Rich

Archived