Costs for scuba diving

amachad

• 1 month later...

I emailed the Marina Supervisor and he indicated no problem bringing your own gear. He answered my question regarding dive computer's displays in Bar vs PSI. He said the few computers they have are metric. I am more comfortable with the US version so I'll bring my own Dive computer and reg set, mask of course, and possibly BCD as theirs are NOT weight integrated. I'm a guy so if I have to leave some shoes home to bring gear it's no problem. If I did not have the option I would not hesitate to use theirs. BTW he also indicated no Nitrox available, but that should not interfere since they typically don't do more than 2 per day, and I think 1 per day is more common. Probably no serious multiple dives.

Last time on the PG there was a family from Montreal on the ship that did SCUBA and brought all their gear. They hold it for you in the marina if you want them to. If you do a pre or post cruis on an out island they used to give you a break on the diving gear, usually you are liited to 20KG on inter island flights I think. Something to think about when bringing your gear.

Archived