new savings on the PG

Just saw an ad in today's LA Times for PG. "Limited time only on ALL 2011 sailings. 50% savings. Free airfare from LAX to Tahiti. 3rd guest sails free."

Ad sponsored by a Beverly Hills travel agency.

This ad must indicate the blow to the revenues of the cruise line due to this work stoppage.....

Thanks for the clarification. Although I receive at least 2-3 emails from PG a week, I don't remember seeing that ALL of the 2011 sailings were 50% off, with free airfare. That is quite a savings. Hopefully the cruise line will get enough bookings to make this cruise a continued success......

I booked as well for June 2011. This is the cheapest I have found since the PG takeover from Regent. It will be my 7th time aboard the PG and i don't even think I hold the record for most frequent cruiser.

We were able to find the special promotion by downloading the 2011 brochure from the PG website. Then told our TA who was able to confirm with the PG home office. Sent off for the brochure but all that we recieved was for the 2010 sailings. Anyway it looks like a great way to get us to Tahiti.

Because I enjoy lobster,thats why!Should I have to be in Colorado or Wyoming to get a steak?Your comment is rude and obnoxious!

The best item on the PG Menu was the "Thai Hot and Sour Soup"!Incedible isn't it?That a cup of soup was the best menu item during 16 days!

Wendy -

I don't think that you were at all rude.

Tom seems to prefer the mass market lines, and that's just fine, but there are those of us (you and I and MANY others included) that think the PG is a slice of heaven.

Cheers!

Steve

And here I was anxiously awaiting for Tom to share the good and bad of his amazing adventire when he returned. He was so excited - rightly so, it was a phenomenal deal. I hope it was only the food which was disappointing for him.

Just to be sure, I'll go aboard next week and see what the dealio is. :D

And here I was anxiously awaiting for Tom to share the good and bad of his amazing adventire when he returned. He was so excited - rightly so, it was a phenomenal deal. I hope it was only the food which was disappointing for him.

Just to be sure, I'll go aboard next week and see what the dealio is. :D

And...to be DOUBLY sure, we'll be there too!:D

On our May 8th sailing Grant Chilcott was the executive chef. His cuisine was innovative, varied and delicious. The broiled lobster tail with Taha'a vanilla sauce was excellent. I'm a chef myself - Kudos to Grant.

There again, you cannot please everyone.

T

P.S. However, maybe we digress from the OP's thread :)

Well I'm sure not seeing amazing deals anywhere. I just priced-out the December 14-day Marquesas trip (just ballparking on their website), and yes, the airfare is a good deal ($900 per person from Toronto), but the trip price is not that great, seems about what I paid 18 months ago for the same trip.

But...between last night and this morning, the cheap E and F cabins have apparently sold out. If we decide to go for this (doubtful), I will have to get my TA into this to see if there is any availability. Won't pay for a balcony on this ship.

Edit to add: went back into the website and now all cabins are still available. So much for computerized booking.

On our May 8th sailing Grant Chilcott was the executive chef. His cuisine was innovative, varied and delicious. The broiled lobster tail with Taha'a vanilla sauce was excellent. I'm a chef myself - Kudos to Grant.

There again, you cannot please everyone.

T

P.S. However, maybe we digress from the OP's thread :)

They must have been Stouffers!

Wendy -

I don't think that you were at all rude.

Tom seems to prefer the mass market lines, and that's just fine, but there are those of us (you and I and MANY others included) that think the PG is a slice of heaven.

Cheers!

Steve

You must of had your bible with you!

For our upcoming (6/26) cruise, we got an E-GTY and were upgraded fairly early on to a C. This is actually our first sailing on PG where we are not in a 420ish stateroom.

Try B for "BUTLER"!If your going to cruise on such a superior line,why cheat yourself on the experience and stay in the "BELLY" of the ship with few amenities and tiny stateroom.Gotta have that verandah,I wouldn't cruise without it.

Oh,you are mistaken with your assumption of what I like (especially since you don't know me)!PG just wasn't all that great.I like Crystal and Oceania!Those ships are slighty larger but don't even compare with Genesis RCCL etc. Just wanted you to get your facts straight!:p

Archived