Aft cabins on Deck 7

KathyPet

An aft cabin on ANY ship is the one I book whenever I can.

You never have to worry that you'll be on the wrong side from some object of scenery.

If you sleep with the balcony door open, the sound of the wake makes it like sleeping next to a waterfall.

You get the early morning smell of whatever is being cooked in the bakery.

That's where I book my cabins.

Just my $0.02.

Jim

Hey KathyPet!

I was also interested in cabins 765-766-767 as I had read good things about them but even though we booked our October cruise 13 months before departure, those 3 cabins were already booked! The only negative remarks I had found on those cabins was occasional late night noise from La Palette lounge situated above (don't remember which member this was from) and, Cruiseej mentioned in July 2006 that the balconies lack privacy. See attached pic from Cruiseej (hope this works!).

All I can say is that those particular cabins are very popular so if you decide to go for it, book well in advance. Enjoy!

710093157_balconypicfromaftcabin.JPG.fb20c20a90a479a948b8a8cf957c31c1.JPG

There is a LITTLE noise at about 6am when they put out the chairs on the La Palette deck, and also a very minimal amount of Siglo (or Hal Fraser, or whoever is playing) music leaking through the ceiling in the evening.

Emphasis on the LITTLE. You would need to have great hearing and be a very light sleeper.

Also, should you encounter high seas (seldom an issue), the aft or the stern moves a little more than midships.

We got an upgrade to 761 last summer, but are back to our usual (5x) deck 4 midship this summer. The new staterooms are great (although we miss the Connoisseur Club that used to be there).

Archived