Advice on room location please

DGK

We are planning our first trip Feb. or March 2013 with PG possibly 7 nights Society Cruise. We have never ever travelled this far and have read many reviews and can’t begin to thank everyone for all their input. Any suggestions for the best location of a room please? I am prone to extreme motion sickness and do where a patch which keeps it under control. A balcony is important to us and we prefer it to be center to prevent motion. I have read passengers on the 7th floor mention early morning noise from deck chairs above being moved daily by the pool and others mentioned from the 6th floor that they were awoken by the tenders and ramp every morning We do not plan on sleeping in and prefer not be be woken up before the sun rises. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you, Donna

The trip we took this past October found us midship in room 740. The only noise we had was because we had our sliding door open and the deckhand began washing down the deck above us about 6:30 to 7 am. We were up by then so there was no problem for us. Room 740 was also good during the times we had some rough seas as anywhere near the center of the ship sustains less motion and thus we did not have as much trouble as those that were at either end of the ship

Thank you so much Newonboard69. The motion is a huge concern for me. I don't mind noise at 6:30 Am but not prior as we are early rises. Can I ask were you on the 7 night Society Islands with the rough seas ?

Does anyone else have input ? Thanks, Donna

Archived