Progreso Rum Tour?

sswhite1983

Has anyone book the Rum Tour in Progreso, through Carnival Cruises? If so, was it worth it.

Thanks!

My husband and I went on this tour last week and enjoyed it very much. We are 60-somethings with no mobility problems but this is a tour that could accommodate anyone, except children. Merida is a beautiful city. We toured by bus and were treated to a stop at their cathedral that was completed in 1598 - very interesting! The D'Aristi rum factory is in an old hacienda (rustic) with nice grounds. We tasted their 10-year old rum, several fruit liqueurs and the Mayan drink called xtabentun. The drive to Merida is only around 30 minutes so it is not a taxing bus ride to get there and back. Our guides (Jerry and "Mr. Chihuahua") were great. I would recommend this tour to anyone who would enjoy learning about the history of the area and who likes rum!:)

Must be something new. Been to Merida before and it is a very nice town. The people are friendly. And not pushy about selling you something. The rum tour along with a city tour of Merida is definitely something I will consider next time I am in Progresso.

• 10 months later...

Archived