Mark Eddowes not on board 9/12

4133Camellia

I called to make a reservation for the Tour of the Ancients on Moorea and was informed that this excursion was unavailable on 9/12 as Mark Eddowes was not going to be on board. Is anyone aware of this and if so, is there an educational alternative. My husband was very keen on taking this excursion and learning from on board lectures.:confused:

We love going to his lectures even the repeated ones. By all means, take whatever tour he is giving on any cruise. Well worth, the time and money. His fees to help funds his digs in French Polynesia.

We did realize how much we had learned from him until we visited the Auckland Museum in New Zealand. As we strolled though the Polynesia exhibits his lectures leaped out at us. It was one of the more enriched museum visits we have ever done.

I called to make a reservation for the Tour of the Ancients on Moorea and was informed that this excursion was unavailable on 9/12 as Mark Eddowes was not going to be on board. Is anyone aware of this and if so, is there an educational alternative. My husband was very keen on taking this excursion and learning from on board lectures.:confused:

Hello Camellia,

Our sincerest apologies. Mark Eddowes is on board the m/s Paul Gauguin for the 9/12 voyage and will be conducting lectures and leading "Trails of the Ancients." If you are still interested in this shore excursion, please contact us to reserve it.

We look forward to welcoming you on board!

Well that is a great relief. I don't know why I was definitively given this information (asked again several times to make certain the person I was speaking to was sure of their facts), but am glad to learn otherwise. Will sign up first thing tomorrow. Thank you.

Laurie & Stew Lyons

I called PG yesterday after reading this and the tour was still not available. The person I spoke with said she was going to look into it and get back to me....we'll see.

Called again today and it was still not listed. However, now armed with new information and a very helpful person at PG (Judy), who contacted the appropriate person at excursions, the tour has been appropriately added to the Sept 12th itinerary and we have successfully signed up for the Tour of the Ancients. Give it another try now.

Archived