Need a Company to pick us up from the IC

Emdee

A few of us will be doing the Tetiaroa excursion leaving from the IC at 6 am. Does anyone know a taxi company with whom we can arrange the transfer in advance? I wrote off to Marama tours and Tahiti Nui Travel but no response.

We will also need a tranfer from the IC to the Dock at 2.30 pm on the 10th so once again we could band together and book something.

A few of us will be doing the Tetiaroa excursion leaving from the IC at 6 am. Does anyone know a taxi company with whom we can arrange the transfer in advance? I wrote off to Marama tours and Tahiti Nui Travel but no response.

We will also need a tranfer from the IC to the Dock at 2.30 pm on the 10th so once again we could band together and book something.

I think I read on Tripadvisor about Carl's Transports being reliable. I will try to find that post but here is the webpage...

http://papeete.com/carlstours/

I will see if I can get more info but maybe try emailing and see what you get.

Liz

Liz my email to Carl came back.

I think we will have to do the taxi thing. All 6 of us fitted in the van last year so two vans would be fine.

We are returning our car monday evening after we drive around the island. So will taxi it on tuesday and wednesday.

Maybe our group should consider getting the taxis in at about 2.15 or so on the wednesday so we will be bright and early on the dock.

I think we will have to do the taxi thing. All 6 of us fitted in the van last year so two vans would be fine.

We are returning our car monday evening after we drive around the island. So will taxi it on tuesday and wednesday.

Maybe our group should consider getting the taxis in at about 2.15 or so on the wednesday so we will be bright and early on the dock.

Emdee,

Did you received your early boarding pass as we did for this cruise?

That's probably easiest. We are returning our car on Monday afternoon as well but will hope to be done for Happy Hour. Is there a time set for that yet - or did I overlook that detail?

Emdee,

Did you received your early boarding pass as we did for this cruise?

Early boarding pass? No we didnt. Did you get it for your PG cruise? Or Tere Moana?

Tiki, any tips for driving around the island? We have never done this before. Thanks

Edited by Emdee

That's probably easiest. We are returning our car on Monday afternoon as well but will hope to be done for Happy Hour. Is there a time set for that yet - or did I overlook that detail?

I think Larry (Twin) said around 4. We may be a bit late for the happy hour get together.

Early boarding pass? No we didnt. Did you get it for your PG cruise? Or Tere Moana?

Tiki, any tips for driving around the island? We have never done this before. Thanks

Actually I was pulling your leg ......... just had to have some fun :p

You are talking about Tahiti on the "drive around" right?

Actually I was pulling your leg ......... just had to have some fun :p

You are talking about Tahiti on the "drive around" right?

Yes on the drive around. We have never done this before. Will have a regular car so wont go to the 4x4 drives. Also any nice spot for lunch. Decent and reasonable would be good too.

I totally believed you about early booking because many lines offer it ( Regent/Oceania etc) for extra $.

Yes on the drive around. We have never done this before. Will have a regular car so wont go to the 4x4 drives. Also any nice spot for lunch. Decent and reasonable would be good too.

I totally believed you about early booking because many lines offer it ( Regent/Oceania etc) for extra $.

Many people bypass Tahiti Iti .......... but frankly they are missing out, much more the traditional Tahiti in this area, has not been over ran by tourism.

On the east side you can see many waterfalls in the distance, never driven to them but some seem to be very lovely.

On the north west side of Tahiti Nui there was a nice Asian flair restaurant. It is very popular, large, has inside and outside seating. There is a fence and gate along the road, you can't miss it, the gates are open when the restaurant is open.

An American dude married a Tahitian and they run the restaurant together. The food was good and reasonable, like $15 bucks for an entrée. My BH and I got out of there for about $40 bucks USD which included cokes and a desert we shared.

How long does it take to drive around Tahiti iti and back? Also, the restaurant you mentioned - Asian on the north west side of which part - Tahiti or Tahiti iti?

Thanks...

You can not drive around Tahiti Iti, you can go along the west side or the east side but it does not go all the way around.

The restaurant is on Tahiti Nui (the large part of the island)