Progresso Beachside Restaurant

robhawk

Going to Progresso on the NCL Dream. We are not doing an excursion. Thought about finding a restaurant on the beach. Maybe a little live music in the background. Two couples and 4 teenagers. Any experiences would be great to know!

Rob

Disney Magic 2/03

Disney Magic 2/04

NCL Dream 2/07

• 3 weeks later...

I think we ate at Buddy's last week and the food was really good. Going somewhere where you don't get hustled is nice although a quick no thank you will move all traders on. We never felt harassed.

After lunch we moved over to the beach and had massages on the beach. DE-VINE!! The sound of the water and watching the palm tree shadows dance on the umbrella would have been worth it alone! Paid $30 apiece for four of us. Got it bumped down because of our numbers but it seemed to be bewteen 35-40 for everyone else. If you consider this use the younger girls with the cream unbrella. They use clean towels each time and the blue?green? tent girls do not. Ugh!

Also~ For two bucks take the double decker bus that tours the town. It's quick but will help you feel situated. Once we did it we easily found our way back to the beach and the resturant strip.

We found it to be perfect afternoon for our first port.

• 4 weeks later...

We ate at a restuarant by the Corona Beach Break. Can't remember the name of it but it's the only restuarant with a fresh water pool in the middle of it. They will serve you across the street at the beach also. The pool is the best since you feel sticky after getting out of the ocean. Just sit down, order some food and swim while your waiting. Feels refreshing and cleans you up from the ocean and they have a restroom for changing in. The food was also awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice for Le Saint Bonnet. It was great. A waiter set us up at the beach and brought us food and drink all day.

Be aware future cruisers that there are many peddlers on the beach. A polite no thanks and they are on their way.

Rob

Ncl Dream 2/07

• 2 weeks later...

the places that have been recommended here, the buddy's and the Le saint Bonnet, where are they? we aren't doing an excursion, just gonna chill here. So when we get off the ship, which directions are they? there is a bus from the LONG pier, isn't that right. and the beach is right there at the end? Just curious as to where to head for good food and drinks. we want to do the $2 bus tour also, read where several people recommended it. We just wanted a day to chill at a beach, have some drinks and food and not worry about

"eating in Mexico" and see some of the town and shop. We haven't stopped in progresso before. Thanks for any advice!! Ecstasy June 11- can't wait!!!

the places that have been recommended here, the buddy's and the Le saint Bonnet, where are they? we aren't doing an excursion, just gonna chill here. So when we get off the ship, which directions are they? there is a bus from the LONG pier, isn't that right. and the beach is right there at the end? Just curious as to where to head for good food and drinks. we want to do the $2 bus tour also, read where several people recommended it. We just wanted a day to chill at a beach, have some drinks and food and not worry about

"eating in Mexico" and see some of the town and shop. We haven't stopped in progresso before. Thanks for any advice!! Ecstasy June 11- can't wait!!!

I like Flamingos and Buddy's. A few years ago I had an awful, highly priced, hamburger at Bonnet's. It's the only time I ate there, it was nearly 11pm and the Malecon was empty. I got into town really late they were the only place still open. I've heard other's really like their food. I probably should give them another chance. They have a free pool and nice section of beach. The Malecon (boardwalk) is right at the end of the pier, bus will drop you off at the west end. Take a left and there's long line of restaurants and shops.

If you want to "go native" there's a hole in the wall of a place near the town center. The pier turns into Calle 82, walk south past The San Fransico's market and you'll find a place called "Taco Nazo's" Lunch might costs you $3. However they don't sell alcohol,so no beer.

As far as "eating safe in Mexico." 15 or so years ago while on a trip to the Cancun area my friends daughter got a stomach bug. Her mother is from Veracruz and speak Spanish very well. We went into a pharmacy and they sold her something called "Treda." It's over the counter in Mx and a mild anti-biotic. She took one and a few hours later she was swimming in the resorts pool. We carry some with us every time we go now. I've never had a problem but my wife has and she swears by it.

Have a great cruise!

Pac

• 5 months later...
We ate at a restuarant by the Corona Beach Break. Can't remember the name of it but it's the only restuarant with a fresh water pool in the middle of it. They will serve you across the street at the beach also. The pool is the best since you feel sticky after getting out of the ocean. Just sit down, order some food and swim while your waiting. Feels refreshing and cleans you up from the ocean and they have a restroom for changing in. The food was also awesome.

Does anyone know the name of this restaurant by chance?

Or have pics of it ?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Archived