Need info about choco tour in Kona

carmel

We were going to do the Eruption of Flavors tour in Kona but NCLA changed our itinerary and we are now there on Sunday (which is the day the tour is not offered).

My daughters had their hearts set on a tour of a Hawaiian choco factory. If not, can we visit an coffee plantation/factory? We don't want to do any beach-y/water activities that day and are now at a loss for what to do.

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful!

Thanks!

Not that I can help, but I feel with your daughters...I wanted to do that tour but Dh vetoed it! :( He said he can't take a whole day of chocolate, vanilla and coffee. So we are doing Roberts Kona Highlights tour. From what I read and have been told on here, we make a stop at a coffee plantation. Not exactly what I wanted but it will do.

Yeah, I'm totally bummed. My 9 yr old was so intent on doing it that she told me that she and my mom would go by themselves and we could do something else.

I have no idea what we are going to do in Kona. I still have 5mos to decide, though.

Yeah, I'm totally bummed. My 9 yr old was so intent on doing it that she told me that she and my mom would go by themselves and we could do something else.

I have no idea what we are going to do in Kona. I still have 5mos to decide, though.

While in Hilo, the tour buses usually stop at Big Island Candies. Maybe watching them dipping and making the cookies and candies will help ease the pain a little of not going on the Choco tour. They have big glass windows to watch the workers (and you get free samples of the products).

Archived