Uxmal & Merida same day?

gebo

Will be in Progreso in Jan. Can both of these be done on the same day? Can I pick up a tour to Uxmal in Merida? If so, where? How much $ are we talking about. I love ruins.. my mom thinks they're "a pile of rocks" !

Will be in Progreso in Jan. Can both of these be done on the same day? Can I pick up a tour to Uxmal in Merida? If so, where? How much $ are we talking about. I love ruins.. my mom thinks they're "a pile of rocks" !

I have the same question. We are going to be in port from 8am-8pm. Is this doable?

Easy?

thanks

Sandy

I have the same question. We are going to be in port from 8am-8pm. Is this doable?

Easy?

thanks

Sandy

Yes if your there 12 hours. Looks like your on the Voyager. I plan on going to Uxmal. I've been to Merida several times so probably won't go this time though.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also interested in this. I will be in port from 8am - 8pm also. Thought maybe could go to Uxmal first thing in the morning then head to Merida when finished, then back to the ship. Anyone have any suggestions on how we might do this? or would this just be too much in one day?

With a twelve hour port call, it's no problem to visit Uxmal and Merida. And I enthusiastically suggest it.

Grits. Plenty of time to visit Uxmal or Chichen Itza. Uxmal is considerably closer, and to me, more impressive, prettier and less crowded.

With a twelve hour port call, it's no problem to visit Uxmal and Merida. And I enthusiastically suggest it.

Thank you H. I appreciate your reassurance. Do you have a suggestion as to how we would do this? I did a google and found a company out of Merida that does tours from the cruise port called "Yucatan Travel". I emailed him and asked if we might do the "triangle". Waiting to hear back from him. Have you ever heard of this company (well actually it is just one man) ?

Sorry Choozin. I've been twice to Uxmal, but in a rental car from Merida. My first land vacation to Merida, I booked a tour through the hotel to Chichen Itza and it was very good. Included an excellent buffet lunch. Wish I could suggest a tour but I usually head out on my own.

Sorry Choozin. I've been twice to Uxmal, but in a rental car from Merida. My first land vacation to Merida, I booked a tour through the hotel to Chichen Itza and it was very good. Included an excellent buffet lunch. Wish I could suggest a tour but I usually head out on my own.

Thank you for your response. Have a wonderful weekend.

When we went to Uxmal, it was a whole day thing (land trip) and we had booked from the hotel we were at. I liked it much better than Chichen Itza! We left early in the morning and came back at night because we had stayed for the sound and light show or something like that when the sun set. We went to Merida on another day and had the whole day to just visit the city which is very beautiful! Much nicer than Progresso! So, I guess it all depends what's included in your tour of Uxmal! Hope this helped?

Cheers!

Grits. Plenty of time to visit Uxmal or Chichen Itza. Uxmal is considerably closer, and to me, more impressive, prettier and less crowded.

Thanks! I think I'll book the Carnival excursion to Uxmal, thanks to the advice on this board. :)

I am also interested in this. I will be in port from 8am - 8pm also. Thought maybe could go to Uxmal first thing in the morning then head to Merida when finished' date=' then back to the ship. Anyone have any suggestions on how we might do this? or would this just be too much in one day?[/quote']

Hi,

We'll be going about a month after you on Voyager and would like to do Uxmal in the morning and go back to Corona Beach for a massage. If you find any good infol. about a private tour please let us know how it goes. Thanks,

CWS

Archived