Hair Braiding

Yes, you can have your hair done on the beach. If you go to Buddy's Bar which is on the malecon ask for Armando, his wife does it on the beach. Cost is about 20 usd. i am not sure if your hair needs to be a certain length but she will advise..... have fun enjoy

Yes, you can have your hair done on the beach. If you go to Buddy's Bar which is on the malecon ask for Armando, his wife does it on the beach. Cost is about 20 usd. i am not sure if your hair needs to be a certain length but she will advise..... have fun enjoy
Would they let her go into the area marked off for the Corona Beach Party. My friend plans to do that and wants to get her hair braided also - doesn't want to have to go back and forth to refill.

I am not sure if they allow the vendors into the Corona Bar area, but you can go to Buddy's and ask for her she will know if she can enter or not. Also you can sit on the beach at Buddy's and get your refills from them. They have waiters on the beach and umbrella's and lounge chairs that they let their clients use.

I am not sure if they allow the vendors into the Corona Bar area, but you can go to Buddy's and ask for her she will know if she can enter or not. Also you can sit on the beach at Buddy's and get your refills from them. They have waiters on the beach and umbrella's and lounge chairs that they let their clients use.
I'm sure it would be cheaper for them to just sit on the beach and order drinks from the resturant but for some reason I can't convince her of that. What do the drinks run? Is it purified water?

Fredda got her hair braided right across the street from Le Saint Bonnet (at the entrance to Corona) and they wanted $20. We were able to get them down to $30 for two.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2288679410098102533WfBSyv

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2797413620098102533tJIuPU

P.S.: Corona's a ripoff IMO. Much better to do it on your own. No way anyone is going to spend $40. Fredda and I spent about 6 hours at Le Saint Bonnet eating and drinking and our total bill for 2 was $28.

I am sure it will be cheaper for you if you tell Armando that Linda and Darryl told you to come by. We live in Progreso area and are in the states for a couple of months before heading back home in Sept. Drinks at the Corona bar are not cheap, even though they make it sound a good deal. You are better off going on your own and getting drinks, food etc. Much cheaper. Yes Buddy's only uses purified water, and his meat is all USDA. Very nice people who own it. This is where all the expats who live in the area hang out, and you know we are not going to go anyplace that may make us sick.:D

When is your cruise? If you do get to Buddy's please tell Charly (bartender) Remko (owner) Armando (waiter) and all the others we said Hi and can't wait to get back.:p

Archived