Just off the EOS

AWRCKJH

We just got off the Explorer of the Seas today and had a wonderful cruise! If you have any questions just ask We will be happy to answer what we can. It was a great ship and the staff was excellent!

Happy Cruising :)

Drew&Robin

Yes there was a charge for Johnny Rockets It was $3.95 and the drinks and shakes are additional.......We saw the Coasters and a singer from the Letterman and there were also two comics sorry can't remember the names and an amazing duo called majestic that did acrobatic moves. As far as excursions the weather wasn't the greatest and our snorkeling tour in St Thomas was cancelled..We ended up doing and island tour that was wonderful in St Marteen we did another Island tour also good in San Juan we took the Barcardi tour lots of fun and in Nasua we went to Atlantis paradise Island and tour the Dig which was amazing.........over all a great time! :)

is the only port we didn't have on Carnival "Paradise". Curious what we should consider for that stop. We'll probably visit Bacardi again in San Juan, will definitely do the tram again in St. Thomas, and may just jump off quick for the straw market in Nassau (a "sea day" in port ?).

I was on the EOS from 10/3-10/10 and the service was terrible! I had a group of 10 people and it was horrible.

The only thing that we liked was the service from Hagatr in Dizzy's and Terrance in the chamber other than that it was not what I am used to. I am very dissappointing.

China Doll

Can either awrckhj or china doll do a review for me?

Wife and I are going on this same cruise and ship in May of 05. There are not too many reviews of this particular cruise.

I definitely would like to hear one from china doll.

If neither want to do a review and just email me my address is herrinbowl@midamer.net.

Thanks in advance.

Tim LaBotte

Hello! we will try to answer what we can Yes we were able to see the Red Sox beat the Yankees to advance to the World Series on Board we watched it in the Golf lounge they had 3 tv's and on the promenade level there is sports pub with a large screen tv that plays sports all the time and serves drinks.

Drew&Robin

Here is a very quick review of our cruise on the Explorer. James Andrew from Australia was the cruise director he was very funny. We traveled with a party of 11 ages 7 to 70 all of us had a great time and for me there was so much to do I did't get to do all I wanted too! The kids had a ball rock climbing and ice skating, also the ice show should not be missed it is amazing! I found the crew to be very friendly and the food was very good. We did go to Portofino which charged $20.00 per person it was a nice atmosphere but to me the food was not the greatest. If you have any other questions just ask.

Drew&Robin

This is the answer I got from someone who just got off the Explorer regarding watching the playoffs/world series.

"Hello! we will try to answer what we can Yes we were able to see the Red Sox beat the Yankees to advance to the World Series on Board we watched it in the Golf lounge they had 3 tv's and on the promenade level there is sports pub with a large screen tv that plays sports all the time and serves drinks."

Maybe there is hope!!!

We were on the EOS on 9/26/04 and it was one of the best cruises I had been on. The food was great and so was the service. The Osmonds were the headliners and I thought that they put on a great show.

We went to Portofinos (we won 2 dinners at the cruise critic meet and mingle party) and the food and service - great. The only complaint that I have was that our tour in Costa Maya (dune buggies) was cancelled at the last minute and the excursion desk gave us wrong information on the one we decided to do. It was some ultra terrain vehicle they said it was something you drive yourself but instead it was an open bus for about twenty people. Didnt care for it to much but didnt let it ruin our day.

Embarking was a breeze only took about 15 minutes to get on the ship. Getting off the ship was not so easy. Saw several agruments with people yelling at others to get to the back of line. Thought for a few minutes that it might get physical. It was very entertaining because one mother was yelling at her grown daughter that it was all her fault that they were at the back of the line because she is always late.

Great ship

We sailed the EOS from 9/19-9/27 and we totally loved it. I did not find anything wrong with the service, food, entertainment etc. I have been on 5 cruises (4 w/RCCL) and I have loved each and every one of them.

I know each person has their own opinion but don't get discouraged if you read a review that is not so positive. Each person is pleased in different ways.

The staff was amazing, honestly I found that the staff on the EOS to be very friendly, funny and always mingling with the passengers (now on the other hand I found that there were some pretty rude people on this cruise, passengers wise :rolleyes: ) but nothing I let bother me. The food was great, Breakfast in the Windjammer was hot, fresh and appealing always...Lunch was ditto and Dinner was always a special treat. I am very picky when it comes to eating and I have never found anything to complain about the food as of yet...but that is IMHO....

The entertainment was great...we caught the last shows of the RCCL dancers who were on the ship for 6 etc. months and were leaving for a break and they put on a great show...it was pretty special the captain came on stage and presented them with flowers and candies so we got to see a special show. The ice show was amazing. The events throughout the day was plenty sum and were always a hoot to watch.

All in All this cruise was great, the food, the crew and the shows. This whole cruise was during Hurricane Jeanne and we had the best time and the captain took great care of us and the crew kept us entertained the whole time including our extra day at sea with add on events. They did a great job of pulling together under the circumstances and the crew kept us laughing during this time and that just helped us forget of what was going on..personally I would of stayed another extra day heck week but reality set it and we came home...

Bottom line, have fun don't worry go out and make your own experiences and just take others under consideration but don't let anything take away from the excitement of your upcoming cruise.

If your looking for a good laugh see George in the Promenade and dinner room if your lucky...if your looking for a great conversation while drinking the best made drinks go see Clive at Dizzy's and if you looking to chill out and listen to some great music as you relax go see Don in Crown and Kettle.

Hope this helps. Any questions feel free to ask..

Enjoy yourself.

N

Archived