Tracking cruise prices

Short of asking a full-service travel agent to watch cruise prices and call you when they drop, is there any easy way to track cruise prices? Say you're interested in a certain cruise or particular dates/itineraries. Is there somewhere you can sign up for notifications of when a price drops or reaches a specified level? (Like the "Fare Watcher" service some travel sites provide for airline fares)

• 5 weeks later...

I just do a search on the cruise line web page. I get to the page where it has the prices for my cruise. I save it as a favorite, changing the title so that it is easily recognizable such as "Hawaii cruise price". I then click on it every day when I go on the internet. This works for Royal Caribbean.

I am also active on my roll calls. I will post if I see a price change. Or someone else will post if they see the price change first. If you have 2 or 3 people looking, you are more likely not to miss a price change.

Short of asking a full-service travel agent to watch cruise prices and call you when they drop, is there any easy way to track cruise prices? Say you're interested in a certain cruise or particular dates/itineraries. Is there somewhere you can sign up for notifications of when a price drops or reaches a specified level? (Like the "Fare Watcher" service some travel sites provide for airline fares)

I booked a cruise with my TA in October and last week I saw the same cruise with an extra 2 night pre-cruise stay in Barcelona for £699 which included flights from Belfast. When I rang them the price had risen to just over £800 which to me still sounded like a better deal than the £739 we had paid without the 2 night stay. I then rang my TA who told me it would be an extra £300 to transfer flights and that wasnt counting accomadation and that if we cancelled we would lose over £500.

My adive is be careful, price round lots before you book anything and if you plan to use a TA make sure they agree to match any price drops you find.

Good luck, Claire

Archived