What to do in Nassau with 18mo?

Mrs.C05

Hey everyone, we're going to Nassau and HMC next month and we'll have our 18mo with us. Wondering what to do since we'll have a beach day in HMC, I don't particularly want to do a beach day in Nassau also.

Suggestions?

I know we can do the shopping and stay around the boat, or even take a cab over to Atlantis.....do I need a car seat in Nassau? Not sure if it's "illegal" or not like it is in the states, to not have car seat.....I know I may sound crazy, but I don't mind him sitting in my lap for the ride over.

I am thinking Atlantis would be good so he can run around, and see the sculptures and stuff there, and the aquarium.

If anyone can tell me what they did/plan on doing while in Nassau with their little one's I'd greatly appreciate it.

TIA!

Check out the zoo, it is not what you would find in the states but a great place to spend a few hours. I believe it is Astrada but not positive. It does require a taxi or bus ride, but it is not far. Also it is just up the hill from the fish fry and beach if you want to stop there on your way back. My kids are much older but enjoyed the day. They have flamingos that walk around and do a show. Again, not big but cute.

No carseat required in a cab in Nassau (its actually not "illegal" to go without a carseat in a cab or public transit in NYC in case you're ever there!), but depending on the size of your toddler you might want to look into a Ride Safer harness. We've used them in cabs for my 2 yr old niece.

Archived