Cabin Assignment

Jamie

Cabin assignment on a guarantee with RSSC does not necessarily happen in conjunction with the issuing of docs. RSSC has changed their policy re guarantees and it's not such a good deal any more. You may luck out and you may not as the policy stands now. We booked a guarantee Cat F for 2 segments of the world cruise aboard Voyager next year back in April. We got our cabin assignment(a Cat E) in August for a March 2005 departure. Your TA should notify you as soon as your cabin is assigned. The way RSSC is handling guarantees now is that as soon as a stateroom opens up in your guarantee category they start at the top of the guarantee list and assign. You don't have the option to turn it down. The only thing you can do if you don't like it is cancel and get your money back. If they should happen to assign you to a higher category, as was the case with us(they did it because the ship was filling up fast), you have the option to turn it down and wait for another stateroom in your guarantee category. We were assigned a great stateroom just where we wanted to be, so we took it. Hope this isn't too confusing. Just need all to be aware that the RSSC guarantee policy has changed. We have cruised extensively on RSSC(all of the ships) and will not book any more guarantees unless the policy changes back to what it was.

Thanks for the help. I'm not really asking because I hope to get an upgrade. Any balcony cabin will do for me! I thought it might be possible my cabin assignment would show up on the website. I think Princess (can't remember exactly) has this. You can check your booking on their website and when your cabin is assigned, it will show up there - no need to have T.A. call, you can check it yourself.

Jamie

I don't think that's true on RSSC. I was on a guarantee in April and didn't get a cabin assignment until I checked in at the pier. I searched the website info and came up dry. On the other hand, I did have a very nice upgraded cabin, so no complaints.

Archived