Transportation from Callao to Central Lima

DMommyP

I looked back thru several pages of threads but did not see any on this topic. I was hoping to take public transportation but am having a hard time finding information. Any tips? Or at this point any recommendations for setting up a transfer service in advance would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Deni

Hi Deni I got caught out in Lima with no one being able to speak English and had a lot of trouble getting a taxi back to port. Where the ship docks they transfer you via bus to the main gate of the port. There are a lot of private taxis who will take you into Central Lima. Make sure you keep this driver with you as the taxi drivers don't know how to get to the port and don't speak English. Luckily there was an expat walking past and helped me to secure a taxi. Once in the taxi he had no idea where to go and every set of lights here would ask the people in the next car how to get to the port. Long story short took us 3 hrs to get back, paid the guy way more than was agreed as he was so lovely and we both whew wiping buckets of nervous sweat away. Made it back with 20 mins to spare. The port is quite a distance and wouldn't even think of oublictrasport

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by neenee61