Are there evr any deals on Disney cruises?

tnaallen519

We have a 2 year old and I'm 4 months pregnant. We are looking to go on another cruise before the next baby comes and I thought Disney would be best for our toddler. however, they are SO expensive.

Any tips? Or is that just the way it is? Also is grastuity included, or is it like others, where tipping is on top of the cruise fare and taxes? (We've only been on Carnival and all your gratuities are paid at the end by your discretion, but with their guidlines in mind.).

Thanks all!

Amy

Amy,

Disney's cruises sell for a premium over the other lines because they can offer a different service than the other lines--pictures with Mickey, Treasure Hunts in the kid's clubs with Captain Hook, etc. Disney now includes soft drinks with your cruise fare, but tips and the usual other items are additional.

To save some money you can go for a guaranteed inside cabin or check out *****.com's website for last minute deals. We are coming into high season with President's Day and spring breaks coming up, so it may be challenging to find a deal.

For a good deal, Carnival might be a fine option. Good luck finding a trip before that baby comes!!! :)

You have to book soon and go on your cruise quickly because all cruise lines have a cut off date of 24 to 26 weeks of pregnancy. They do not allow anyone in the third trimester to cruise.

I've never seen Disney offer any kind of sales of their cruises.

Disney cruises have a niche market filled. No one else has, "The Mouse" and no one will so they can charge a bundle! People pay. That said other lines do a FABULOUS job with cruising and kids and I reccomend them 100%. We did Disney and an RCI cruise last fall. Several days with Le Mouse, until I could not take it anymore and then Mariner of the Seas. Oh and the above poster is correct, no cruise lines accept Mommies to be in their third trimester. Speaking as someone who has given birth at 24, 29 and 33 weeks, I can certainly understand why and 100% support that.

Hi! The best way to save money on a Disney Cruise is to book as far in advance as possible and to travel off season (when children are usually in school). Disney offers the lowest price when availability is first released and then raises prices as the ship fills. Good luck!

Sadly what everyone else has said is true about booking early because The Mouse only has two ships and they are almost always full.

That being said....

I've loved our DCL cruises but just because they did it first (meaning putting together a true family cruise experience) does not mean that those who copied them have not done a nice job of it. You can find great kids programs on all of the mainstream cruise lines. As far as a deeply discounted deal, well it is getting close to spring break but you never know you might be able to pull out.

Good luck!

We did the Disney Magic 04....Was worth every penny we spent and was my 1st cruise(spoiled)Soda,lemonade,fruit punch and juices included all day.I will say if your in an adult area w/your child they will ask you politely to leave and point out the rule on the sign.They also have refillable beer and drink of the day mugs.Back then it was $9 1st one then 3.50 16 0z. refillabbles.We cruised w/dh,ds's 12/14 who enjoyed the whole cruise offerinrs Especially the movie theater w/3-4 different movies a day.from nemo to the village.We saved by booking at the 2002rates we did the 7 days no disney world

A good place to talk about Disney Cruises is on the Disney Boards. They seem to have a lock on the experience. While some people do post here it is more along the lines of people who cruise many lines, not just Disney. While the DISers (as we call ourselves) do tend to be a little over the top regarding how wonderful The Mouse is (not me so much) they have fabulous information.

http://www.disboards.com/

We did received $100 ship board credit when we went in Feb 05 on the Magic. But honestly, like everyone else said, the mouse doesn't need to discount himself.

Also, jmo, but my kids had a better time at Disney before the cruise. And I wasn't blown away by the ship. So this year, we booked disney alone for 8 days. And I booked the RCCL Freedom of the Seas ship (new voyager ship) where I can get a Grand Suite for the price of a junior suite on Disney.

So save your money and head to Disney ;)

Costco has very good deals for Disney Cruises. One other thing....Carnival takes children in the kids club at 2, Disney doesn't. You might want to think about that as an alternative just to get some mommy down time before your next child is born.

Archived