Legend cabin 7298. People looking down onto your balcony?

sandi422

Sailing on the Legend in November. Splurged for a suite to celebrate our 25th anniversary. I have seen notes on the boards about people above looking down onto the balcony below. I don't plan on doing anything crazy on the balcony, but I do enjoy my privacy for my morning coffee. Has anyone had an experience with people on decks above peering down? Thanks!

I've never sailed on the Legend but have sailed in many Carnival balcony cabins. We've never had problems with people looking into our balcony. Standing at the rail on ours, you really don't see into the neighbors' balconies much either, unless you are *really* trying to see.

Being in 7298, there is 1 deck above you. That cabin will be able to look down into a part of your balcony, but only the aft section. Spirit and Conquest class ships all are "tappered" at the aft, with the deck below being slightly further out than the deck above. We always get Aft Balconies and usually in the morning, you can see the person below you or above you if you turn around, but only while both of you are standing at the rail.

Since you have a wrap around, you can go to the Port side and the cabin above you will not be be able to see you.

Enjoy, that is a nice cabin.

-F-

We were just in 8268 on the Legend, which is the room right above your room. I have to say it is our second favourite room on a cruise ship ever (favourite being our DOS (SA) on the Star). It was an amazing room. As for looking down, if someone hangs over the railing they can see the first bit of your balcony, that is all. So, if you are sitting against the wall in a chair at the most they may see your feet sticking out, that is it. I didn't feel there were privacy issues at all. If you are standing at the rail, people below you and above you will see you.

I put pictures of our room on cruise line rooms if you are interested. Sorry some are sideways. The one that kind of looks like just glass is a picture I took hanging over the rail up in serenade. You will see because of the way the glass part of the railings angle you really don't see that much of the balcony below.

We had that cabin on the Legend in January it was wonderful. Because there isnt a lot of cover overhead, we could sit out on that wonderful balcony at night and view a huge expanse of the sky. The stars were amazing! Enjoy.

Archived