Doing a NYE cruise

Looking at 2019 NYE cruise, what's your experiences been like, what's offered any ships better than others, we would be flying from Toronto, Canada so weather would be a factor. I also turn 40 January 1st so do they do anything special for your birthday. Any thoughts or opinions would be great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have done NYE cruises with our adult children for the past 5 years, and already have the coming year booked! We all love it. The atmosphere on the entire ship is festive and happy. It is still decorated for Christmas, although the decorations are taken down a few days later.

The large ships with a Promenade have a giant tv screen counting down the seconds until midnight in the Promenade with a large crowd in attendance. Almost like a Times Square. Unfortunately , they have found a way to make money by renting tables in the Promenade at exhorbitant prices, but you need not do this in order to attend and have a good time.

Celebrations are taking place all over the ship on every ship. People use it as an excuse to break out their fancy clothes, but anything goes as far as dress,

At dinner, hats, tiaras and leis, are given out at the tables. Each ship has a pool party on the top deck. One year, we were off the coast at Key West and watched the fireworks from the pool deck.

I highly recommended a NYE cruise. Something to be said about celebrating all night and not having to drive home!

As for birthdays, you can arrange with the matrie d' ahead of time to have a cake delivered to your table on the day you want to celebrate. ( free).

We sailed on the Independence of the Seas for NYE a few years ago and I HIGHLY recommend a NYE cruise! The best cruise we ever had! Make sure to book a ship with a Promenade though because that is where everyone gathers for the midnight balloon drop. So much fun!!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app