Camp Carnival - Victory - kids program

drevil361

Has anyone been on the Victory lately? How was camp carnival? (all age groups, except for teens - mine are between 6 & 11.) The Victory is a bigger ship, but it has a smaller camp space. We've cruised Carnival several times, and the counselors really make or break the program.

We were on the Victory earlier this year. My oldest son was in the 6-8 age group and my youngest in the 3-5. I have to say that my husband and I were very impressed by the counselors on this ship. We sailed on a week with few kids (maybe 25 in the 3-5 group, 10 in the 6-8 group) and both of my kids were litterally doted upon. My youngest child was a little apprehensive when we would take him to the program, but those young ladies bent over backwards to make him feel at ease. My oldest son wanted to be in the program nonstop. The counselors that left the biggest impression on my kids were Lucy(Princess Lucy), Sasha, Carolina, and Kym. As far as the smaller camp space, it really was not much of an issue as some of the older groups meet at different areas of the ship with each session. Our only problem was that our two kids always seemed to be at opposite ends of the ship, so dh and I would have to divide and conquer come pick up time. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful time! :)

We also used Camp Carnival on our Victory Cruise and we loved it. Our son (8) did not want to leave the camp. He wanted to stay in the camp all day long and wanted us to keep him there for the babysitting after 10:00pm. He ate dinner with the group 3 times!! The women have all the patience in the world. We are booked again on the Victory for next May and he can't wait to go back to Camp Carnival.

http://community.webshots.com/album/299741566PLYKOu

camp activities are fleetwide- the only thing that changes is the time/activitiy depending on the port you are visiting.

Please know that your older child will be allowed to sign themselves in and out of the program. (they will be in the 9-11 group) If your younger one is already 6- he will be in the 6-8 year program

We were on the Vicotry in Jan. 2005 and the Disney Wonder in Sept. 2004 my daughter will tell you the Camp CArnival staff out beat Disney's any day !

My daughter turned 7 on the disney ship and obviously was a little over 7 on the Victory, she totally loved Lucy, ( Lady Lucy after my daughter found out she was married to the ship's accountant ) LOL

these counsellors work very hard at their job, and they love kids.

there was days my daughter did not want to leave ....

your kids will love it.

have fun

:)

• 1 month later...

I've posted this in a couple of different places so my apologies to those that might read it twice.

I've been searching both CC, webshots and other sites for this information. Anyone who has been to San Juan with kids, what time did Camp Carnival open when arriving there late, i.e. 5:00p (Triumph and Victory cruisers should know this).

Also, anyone have a link to the Camp capers for the eastern itinerary for the Triumph or Victory or others that dock there late?

Any assistance will be helpful!

Serene:

Thanks for the advice. I did make the question it's own post in this forum as well as the family cruising forum (no luck :( ). I also checked the cruiseclues website as well with again no luck. Was just hoping someone here could help out! :)

We've been on 3 Carnival Cruises in the past. Camp Carnival has always had the option of leaving the kids with them for dinner on formal night. We've been on the Glory, and on the Paridise twice (when it used to be smoke free).

Archived