Itinerary Change on Caribbean Princess?

ilovhywd

I was wondering if there will be itinerary changes on the Caribbean Princess this week due to the tropical depression near the Yucatan Peninsula.

Are there any posters onboard this week? (July 2-9) ?

It will all depend on the conditions during the sailing. Rest assured that the captain will do everything possible to keep the ship and passengers safe. Even if it means missing ports, changing the port schedule or even keeping the ship where it is safe from harm.

Latest radar shows that the depression is now Tropical Storm Cindy. It is already north of the Yucatan, so probably won't affect this week's cruise.

Now, us Floridians are watching Tropical Storm Dennis, which might affect the ship's itinerary NEXT week!

Never a dull moment....

ilovhywd - Im sorry we didnt get a chance to meet up . I wore my lsu stuff everyday. Anyway we had a great trip , Glad we got our cruise in before this weeks weather.

When we were on the Caribbean Princess last August we did not learn of the change from Eastern to Western until we arrived at the port. However, we had already assumed this would be the case.

When we sailed last Oct Princess insisted that we would be going to Princess Cays even though we knew there was no way. Don't expect your TA to be notified of anything. I have found Princess seems to wait until the last minute to announce even the most obvious of port changes. :o

They seem to have turned away from the dock in Cozumel and I assume they will be high tailing it back towards Ft Lauderdale ahead of Dennis. They do a good job of staying away from the storms..their determination where to head on Saturday will probably be a last minute decision on where the storms are.

Here's a link to the Cruise Critic news page:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1329

Last year we were on the Caribbean Princess when Jeanne made her turnaround. We ran into her swells on Thursday as we were headed for Nassau on Friday. Ultimately, the Captain turned the ship around back into calmer waters. Based on the stats of Jeanne at that point, the Captain announced the Friday morning that we would go at top speed and try to beat Jeanne in by arriving ahead of her, getting into Port Everglades at midnight Friday/Saturday. However, Jeanne sped up and while we were still truckin', somewhere right before dinner Friday night, the Captain announced that the Coast Guard had closed the port and advised all ships to stay out an additional 48 hours. I have the sense that the CB Princess might be in the same predicament. She is trying to beat Dennis from Mexico, but by the time she gets close to Florida, Dennis should be right there! It will be a valiant effort and I will commend the Capt. highly if he can pull it off. We saw the CB depart the Port last Saturday after a major thunderstorm. I was hoping that wouldn't be an omen of the week ahead. The Florida Keys are under a hurricane warning and have been ordered to evacuate.The storm should be going across Cuba tonight and tomorrow and crossing the path of the cruise ships about to enter the Florida Straits. I live in Highlands Co. Florida, the spot where Charley, Frances and Jeanne crossed last year. We are starting to watch these storms with more awareness. As a fellow cruiser, I think a lot about those out there right now, and hope they get in safely. Lynne

the webcam is dark now (it was shown she's on the sea enroute to FLL this morning !)

and looking at the satellite pics on internet, is she somewhere in FL Strait under the storm path?

I sure hope she's ok ...as Dennis is nasty !

She is trying to beat Dennis from Mexico, but by the time she gets close to Florida, Dennis should be right there!

She's done a great job of being one step ahead of Dennis all week long, so here's hoping that she gets in on time and the next trip gets out on time!

MaryPoppinz, I hear ya! I hope the ship gets in safely, too! Dennis is supposed to be crossing the Florida Straits sometime tonight, so if the CB is far enough ahead of him the ride might be a tad bumpy but perhaps manageable since she will be going to the Atlantic side rather than staying close to the Gulf of Mexico.

I would like to hear from someone onboard her right now, or someone in Ft. L who might be able to verify whether the ship is back across from my 4th floor room from where I saw her depart last Saturday! Lynne

I just googled the Earth/google program and the only cruise ship shown at the docks is the one that was there yesterday. There is no Princess ship in their space next to the bridge.

Archived