WAY OT: Charley is Category 4 Hurricane

ChrisConnolly

We live in Lakeland and from what they are saying it should be right over our heads later tonight I think around 8PM. We do thank You for your prayers. It should be about a cat. 2 by that time. We are ready and waiting to get it over with, at this moment the sun is trying to shine but since we use to live in Miami before retirement and have gone through many hurricanes in our life time we know the sun will come and go very fast.

It's such a frightening thing. We had hurricane Gloria here on LI in 1985. Nowhere near the level of Charley but still did horrible damage, people injured, trees down, houses damaged; we had no power for 3 days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone in the path of this storm that it somehow dies out before anyone get hurt. Makes all the complaints of cruise problems seem minor and trivial, doesn't it?

Robin

Man, My father has a home in Punta Gorda, he's up here for the summer, but I am praying for all on the Sun Coast.

Just saw Punta Gorda on CNN. I hope your fathers home made it. The pictures I saw showed a lot of devistation.

-MOnte

We came through the storm here in Lakeland at our house OK but lots of others did not fare too good. Our oldest son who lives in Winter Haven had some damage to his home and lost some trees. He lives on a lake and his boat and boat house are OK, his family are all doing good so that we are very thankful for. Our youngest son lives in NW Orlando, he lost one tree and that is all for him, other than both of our sons not having their power yet we are all OK and we again Thank You all for your prayers. We only wish the people to the South of us were as lucky. My mother-in-law died in Andrew in Miami in 1992, so we have had our fill of hurricanes and that is one of the reasons we left Miami but it looks like we can not get away from them no matter where we go. From the news Charley is even headed for NY now. Hope he finds his way out in the open waters soon and leave everyone alone.

I saw a little bit of the devistation on TV last night - but was at the Hard Rock and because of the music - I couldn't hear what they said. It looked really scary though! I lived through a fire storm in Spokane, WA one time and that was soooo scary too - but I think the worse part was the unknown for me and the others that they wouldn't let go home. This looks much worse though.

Still praying for everyone,

Emi

Archived