Question about itinerary change due to Frances

natish3000

Ok. I understand 100% that RCCL does not have control over the weather and that they need to do whatever is necessary to keep people safe.

I have heard of going to different destinations or docking somewhere else and bussing to home port.

They say currently that Majesty of the Seas (just as an example) will return to port one day early.

Is there any compensation for this or does your 4 day become a 3 day for the same price?

Just wondering as we are on Majesty Oct 11 and who knows what weather will be like at that time.

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing. While I agree that the cruise line needs to take whatever steps needed to insure the safety of the ships and passengers, I would not want to pay for a 7day cruise and only get a 6 day cruise. I though that in cases like that they would stay at sea instead of in port or change ports. I didn't know they would just cancel early.

I don't know about compensation, but in the case of SOS, RCCL must get everyone off and be out of Port Canaveral by 10:00AM Friday (at the latest) as the port is closing and forcing all ships out to sea. If they don't get out of the port in time, they will get fined.

Also, coming back a day early lets all the current passengers get off the ship and get somewhere safe before the storm comes. If you drove, you can get your car out and go home before the roads are bad. if you flew, you at least have a chance to catch a flight.

If I was on a cruise I would rather come back a day early to get my car and myself out of the area than worry about any compensation. if they did not come back early people would want to sue them for damage to their vehicles and for not being able to get away from the area.

I'm wondering about all those people who came back a day early! They don't have any travel arrangements made for tonight and the rest of the coast is trying to evacuate. (Good luck finding an earlier flight). Reports have all the hotels filled with people who were left homeless after Charley. Now these people are in line of the storm with no place to go!

My guess is that those on board will be compensated for their reduced cruise, and it is likely that they will provide free telephone and web access for passengers to make travel arrangements as well. At least I would hope they would do this anyway..

My daughter read this on the actual Disney board not the cruisecritic Disney board. Wonder is still going out for her 3 day although she has to leave before 3p.m. as Pt. Canaraval will be closed after 3 today (Sept. 2). Wonder will not do Nassau or the private island but will go out in the ocean away from Frances. all the passengers will get a $300 refund. Pretty decent of Disney huh?

One thing though as Miami port is closed all week end- how is Majesty coming back a day early going to help or is it TODAY she is coming back?

If you drove, you can get your car out and go home before the roads are bad. if you flew, you at least have a chance to catch a flight.

Good point and I am with Mama on this. Think about all the passengers that are going to be stranded at the airport! :eek: I would rather go back out to sea with the ship then be sleeping in the airport for lord knows how long. Too bad that's not an option for some of those people.

What about visiting the ports, like the Bahamas after the hurricane has hit there? Will the ships still go there, immediately afterwards? Even if the cruise lines resume sailings, I am assuming that there will be atleast some, probably lots of damage caused by this storm or any storm. Will this temporaly change the iteneries for future sailings?

They will make their usual ports as much as possible, but I would not look for any calls on Coco Cay or the other lines private islands in the Bahamas for awhile. Coco Cay will just about be in the very middle of the storm and they will have to rebuild some facilities prior to using.:(

What about visiting the ports, like the Bahamas after the hurricane has hit there? Will the ships still go there, immediately afterwards? Even if the cruise lines resume sailings, I am assuming that there will be atleast some, probably lots of damage caused by this storm or any storm. Will this temporaly change the iteneries for future sailings?

That all depends on how badly damaged the ports are. You certainly don't want to go if they have no power and such.

Archived