Carnival Vacation Club???

RinaJune612

Hi Cotton, When we were on our cruise in June. Carnival was offering membership in their vacation club which allows you to purchase points. towards your next cruise or cruises. example: the lower package is for 3495.00 for 14,000 point. Now I looked on the site and looking like an avg. 7 day cruise uses 3400 points. But the site doesn't say if that is per person or per cabin. We were told on the ship that was per cabin but the site has it worded differently. So I was wondering if anyone has signed up for it and used it before and if they really saved money with it? sorry to be long.....

We signed up on our 7/11 conquest cruise. We went to a presentation then did some thinking and research on the internet before we decided to do it. If you can cruise when kids are in school it is of greater benefit.

It is a program where you buy cruise points to use over the next 5 years. The program gets you some perks like no waiting for embarkation and first off of the ship and a few others. There was a big-wig on the ship from Corporate who said others are coming soon like discounts on shore excursions, etc.

Here is the breakdown:

4 levels

Bronze - $3495 for 14000 points

Silver - $4995 for 20000 points

Gold - $7495 for 30020 points

Platinum $9995 for 40030 points

in addition to the cruise points you also get 2 free companion air certificates

plus

2 Resort Vacation certificates good for a week at a resort for a fee of $299.00 . Resorts are all over the globe 450 of them

The points basically works like this About 350 points per day per person in low season, 400 points per day in mod to hi season, and 500 points per day for holidays, etc. If you run short of points you can buy short term points to make up the difference for say your last cruise.

For us it made sense. Additionally, your family and friends can use your cruise points or get discounts.

Also as a member you get discounts on all lines of CCL ships. That's Princess,HAL,Cunard,Costa, Seaborne, and so on. The big wig told us that in the near future we would be able to use our points on those lines as well, but we did not purchase the plan thinking that was a sure thing.

Here are some specific examples:

Carnival Destiny to Suthern Carrib. 9/12/04

6775 points for 2 for a baclony

or

Destiny to southern CArrib 11/7/04

4010 points for 2 for an inside cabin

Is there a web page that I can look at to see the details, or does such a page require a password? :confused: The bonus vacations, any idea where they come from or what they are?

It sounds interesting...

TIA

Fern Modena

- Work is the curse of the drinking class. --Oscar Wilde

/ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com /

Is there a web page that I can look at to see the details, or does such a page require a password? :confused: The bonus vacations, any idea where they come from or what they are?

It sounds interesting...

TIA

Fern Modena

- Work is the curse of the drinking class. --Oscar Wilde

/ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com /

Sorry, Mindy97--website is for members only, requires membership number and password. As for the vacation resorts, there are 450 of them all over the world. They are available on the CVC website :( .

We signed up on our 7/11 conquest cruise. We went to a presentation then did some thinking and research on the internet before we decided to do it. If you can cruise when kids are in school it is of greater benefit.

It is a program where you buy cruise points to use over the next 5 years. The program gets you some perks like no waiting for embarkation and first off of the ship and a few others. There was a big-wig on the ship from Corporate who said others are coming soon like discounts on shore excursions, etc.

Here is the breakdown:

4 levels

Bronze - $3495 for 14000 points

Silver - $4995 for 20000 points

Gold - $7495 for 30020 points

Platinum $9995 for 40030 points

in addition to the cruise points you also get 2 free companion air certificates

plus

2 Resort Vacation certificates good for a week at a resort for a fee of $299.00 . Resorts are all over the globe 450 of them

The points basically works like this About 350 points per day per person in low season, 400 points per day in mod to hi season, and 500 points per day for holidays, etc. If you run short of points you can buy short term points to make up the difference for say your last cruise.

For us it made sense. Additionally, your family and friends can use your cruise points or get discounts.

Also as a member you get discounts on all lines of CCL ships. That's Princess,HAL,Cunard,Costa, Seaborne, and so on. The big wig told us that in the near future we would be able to use our points on those lines as well, but we did not purchase the plan thinking that was a sure thing.

Here are some specific examples:

Carnival Destiny to Suthern Carrib. 9/12/04

6775 points for 2 for a baclony

or

Destiny to southern CArrib 11/7/04

4010 points for 2 for an inside cabin

Well that answered my question..... My southern cruise was only $1300 total with port charges for a balcony, so I would be spending more money buying the Vacation Club package than it's worth.

It does depend on when you are traveling and how far in advance you are booking. The points fluctaute just like the prices do for different seasons or if a particular cruise is selling out or not.

For us we can take a 7 day and two three day cruises for just a little more than we paid for an 8b balcony on the conquest in July. And get the free air and resort stuff besides. Plus some little perks that are nice.

For us it works. But you really have to look at when you can cruise, get online and check prices and do the math before you commit.

Finally someone who knowns what im talking about. I have my member number and everything so I can go online to see the points. It that true that points total is per person? I looked at the 7 day cruise we just took and it said 350 points per day is that person? so that would be 2450 points per person for a 7 day cruise? is that right?

Finally someone who knowns what im talking about. I have my member number and everything so I can go online to see the points. It that true that points total is per person? I looked at the 7 day cruise we just took and it said 350 points per day is that person? so that would be 2450 points per person for a 7 day cruise? is that right?

Yes, the points on the site are per person and that would be 4900 for a seven day for 2 people during that week.

We were on the Jnue 30 cruise to Alaska and signed up for the club. We did some research while on the cruise and have checked out prices, etc. since we have been home. I'm not sure the dollar difference will be that great but all cruises we have looked at we see some savings through the Club. There also percs that go with it such as embarkation and debarkation, upgrades, etc. which helped us make the decision. Also there is the fact that we have a certain number of cruises we can take over the next five years that are prepaid. We received 5 resort certificates as well as 2 comapnion air fare certificates. We talked to several others on the cruise that were purchasing or had purchased the package and they all seemed positive about it.

DPFRED

I'd have to read more about it.........But is does not sound like a price break.

Our last cruise Eastern Carib. with 8-A balcony cost us $1400 ($700 each)

Souther Carib. is one of the very cheapest cruises to book.

Does that price include airfare ?

We signed up for it too on our July 11th Pride cruise. Seems like it will be a good deal for us. We also won the vacation giveaway drawing to Hawaii. I think currently the Vacation Club is only offered on three ships. The Pride, the Conquest and I can't remember the other. They are hoping to be on most ships by the end of the year I think.

Stacy

I cant wait to see more details on this deal...hopefully they will be selling it on all the ships by end of year.....but i totally dont see how its any kind of deal based on what lil info has been given here.....you can always find cruises for $500 or less for a 7 dayer....so i cant see how their point system is giving any kind of break at all.....and having to put $10,000 down to buy the points.....that $10,000 can be sitting in investments and earning enough per year to pay for a cruise for two per year....and at the end of the 5 years you still have your 10 thousand!.....sounds about as wise as the timeshare deals.....but maybe im missin the hidden good stuffs...

I am looking for others that purchased this "membership". We spent 10K on this and it has been nothing but headaches. The value definately has not been there. Prices are WAY CHEAPER on Expedia and the only benefit is not having to wait in line at the port (which are getting faster anyways).

To make matters worse, I also won a "FREE TRIP TO HAWAII" on our cruise (which then prompted me to buy the platinum membership to the vacation club) Well it turns out that they only have 2 or 3 CONDOS in Hawaii, not RESORTS like was promised. The availability of these is slim to none. It is a joke. I am looking for others who are frustrated with them. I realize that I should have read the small print closer but when you are having so much fun on a cruise, you don't think that some timeshare company will hook up with such a big name as Carnival to take you to the cleaners!

It seems a lot of people really want to board early !!!

This seems to be a lot of money being bandied about and everyone has a kinda, sorta, I think, could be, kind of answer.

The same kind of guys who think up these cruise, condo and resort share club packages also sell jewelry and time shares at most Caribbean ports. You should check carefully to see if Carnival CORPORATION is one of the principals or only a host to the sales presentation.

You signed a contract. What does the contract say? You do have a contract?

If someone knocked on your front door and tried to sell you what you have bought, would you have bought it at your front door?

Just because people claim to be friendly, doesn't mean they are honest.

Archived