Specialty Resturants on Voyager Class - Wedding Inquiry

pandabebe

Hello!

I'm planning for my summer 2006 wedding and had a question regarding the specialty resturant on the Voyager class ships: if I have 70 - 100 guests sailing with me can I reserve the entire resturant for the evening? Has anyone does this or has anyone heard of anyone doing this? Can the specialty resturant hold 70 to 100 guests?

I would suggest calling RCCL soon to ask them this question, as if it is something that can be done, you would have to do it in advance. As soon as people board the ship, they start booking these restaurants.

Another thought: On the Mariner there are side dining rooms that are used for private parties. I'm not sure if all of the Voyager class ships have these, but it may be something that you want to check out.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

-Rich

Rich - Actually I forgot that the Mariner was a Voyager ship - thanks for the reminder! Since all the Voyager ships seem to have the same layout I'm crossing my fingers that the ship I decide to go w/ has a private dining room that will fit 70+.

Also, I would think that booking a specialty restaurant for 70 or more could get pretty pricey in terms of the additional per person fee + additional tips, etc. Glad to hear they have side rooms for private parties. It makes sense to have that available considering the number of onboard weddings they have.

And--congratulations. I hope your wedding is lovely and that you and your DH-to-be are as happy as DH and I still are (after 20 years together).

beachchick

beachchick - actually, having dinner at the speciality resturant is much cheaper than having a luncheon reception. the buffet reception is $45 per person and it is only for 1 hour; dinner at the specialty resturant is $25 per person i believe. eitherway, i'm trying to see what options i have and i'm trying to keep everything within budget. *sigh* i wish money wasn't an issue...then i could go all out...hahahaha. thanks for the best wishes. i know my DH-to-be are going to have a wonderful time! - we're cruising afterall!

Hello!

I'm planning for my summer 2006 wedding and had a question regarding the specialty resturant on the Voyager class ships: if I have 70 - 100 guests sailing with me can I reserve the entire resturant for the evening? Has anyone does this or has anyone heard of anyone doing this? Can the specialty resturant hold 70 to 100 guests?

Congrats on your wedding. I own a professional wedding video company and would love for you to bring me along to document your wonderful day. lol

My fiance and I are getting married in Aug '05 (2nd for both) and taking our honeymoon on the Mariner. We are going to be joined by about 30 family and friends. We have the RS. I have booked this through RC and the fellow handling this led me to believe that having the RS will provide us with the clout we will need to book an evening for all of us at Chops and not the size of our group (our reservation has been transferred to group services at RC because of the size). Good news is that being part of a group, and there is a limited amount of group space on each cruise, you get a rebate equal to the least expensive single reservation per 8 rooms booked. In our case that should be about $1,000 x 2 since we will be booking 16 - 18 rooms. You can use this to pay for parties, spa, etc. In our case we will use it to pay for the Chops dinner for all of us. With drinks, the surcharge and tip, I have to believe it will be close to $2,000 for all of us.

Mark

beachchick - yes, the luncheon price is very expensive considering all my guests are sailing guests and will be eating for free anyway.

mdmourges - thanks for the tip. did booking the RS allow you to reserve 30 for Chops or allow you to get the group rebate? i'm afraid the RS will be out of our budget but i'll see what we can work out. thanks again for the tip!

beachchick - well the sit-down menu has filet mignon but what I don't understand is why they're making people pay $45 to eat when you can eat for free in the dining room? Perhaps if they charged $25 (same as the specialty resturant) I'd consider it. Oh well...on to more important details (cake..yum!).

Archived