Wedding Vow Renewal on Star

chika

We renewed our vows on the Star when it was sailing the Hawaii itinerary. It was a very simple ceremony lasting less than 15 minutes. It was in the daily for anyone interested to come to a particular lounge at a set time. A crew member was there (not the captain) and basically he did a small group ceremony...not legal or religious in any sense. They had a big band playing which was the nicest touch. No charge, no protocals...I think we did get a certificate. No photographer. Maybe 8 couples were present. Hope that helps!

like2cruise:

Is this something they do every trip...or did you call ahead of time? Were people dressed extra special? I would love to know.

Thanks for your help.

This was something they did on every cruise at that time. We did not have to pre-arrange. It was done on a day at sea pre-dinner time. My husband wore a tux and I wore a long dress. It was a short, sweet and simple ceremony. It was also almost 3 years ago, so I would call just to make sure they are still doing renewals. I would think the wedding coordinators may be your best bet for getting answers. Monday thru Friday 1-800-392-3472. Let me know what you find out!!

Hi like2cruise:

I wanted to ask if you recall what (if any price) there was for your vow renewal?

I called this am and was quoted $1350. Is this right? Or was there something more casual when you had your renewal done.

Please let me know...I appreciate it!

It was a group renewal and there was no charge, I am positive about that. I know that they do charge for the private ceremony which I am guessing is what they quoted you. I think I saw on the boards the dailies for the Star. Maybe you should try and see if there is any information about the renewals on them if you haven't done that already :-) I hope it works out for you. Feel free to continue to ask any questions that come to mind!

Archived