Princess Wedding

adios

Am I understanding correct, that if you get married while on the ship, the actual Captain will marry you, or is it the cruise director? Is it the same on all Princess ships? Looking for a renewal in June 06 in Alaska.

I believe it is usually the Captain or Staff Captain (XO) who performs the services.

We were invited to two weddings aboard the Golden Princess, trans-Atlantic, 8-03, and both were performed by the Captain, Andy Proctor.

Very nice functions, both.

Hi,

We just come home from a wonderful East. Caribbean cruise on the Star.

In fact, we got engaged on our first evening on board.

We inquired re weddings on board and were informed by both the Purser and Lorraine at the future cruises office that Princess no longer does actual weddings on board. They remain doing renewal of vows only. In fact the chapel was used during our cruise for computer training. We were dissapointed because we wanted to get married on the Golden during the NYC to San Juan itinerary in October.

Hi,

We just come home from a wonderful East. Caribbean cruise on the Star.

In fact, we got engaged on our first evening on board.

We inquired re weddings on board and were informed by both the Purser and Lorraine at the future cruises office that Princess no longer does actual weddings on board. They remain doing renewal of vows only. In fact the chapel was used during our cruise for computer training. We were dissapointed because we wanted to get married on the Golden during the NYC to San Juan itinerary in October.

Don't tell that to all of the people on the Wedding forum that are getting married on Princess in the future.

I was on the Star two weeks ago and there were several weddings. That just doesn't seem right. Perhaps she meant that a company called the Wedding Experience actually does the weddings not Princess.

They have always used the chapel for other events when there isn't a wedding.

I would call Princess and The Wedding Experience and ask. I would be very surpised if you can't get married on a Princess ship anymore.

Scott

[quote name=cruisin42

We were dissapointed because we wanted to get married on the Golden during the NYC to San Juan itinerary in October.[/quote]

Hi, we have a roll call going for that sailing. Are you booked already? There is someone else already on the roll call that is looking to get married on the ship or on an island. Come join us.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=131119

Mary Beth

Congratulations Mary Beth!!!!

Just for reference .... we got married on the boat during the cruise and they messed up our marriage certificate ... wrong date & captain ... still trying to get that fixed.

But as you know, we had a great experience!

Hey Harold .. is that congrats for going on another cruise? ;)

I'm not the one getting married but there is someone on my roll call looking to do that!

Don't you have a trip coming up soon? Hope all is well.........

mb

I'm not sure you got the corresct information. You should contact The Wedding Experience and talk to them, I am getting married on the Grand in November.

Hope everything works out for you!

We were recently married on the Caribbean princess (January). Everything went beautifully, the Captain married us on the aft deck at sea (pics in my profile, full review of wedding on wedding board). We wouldn't have chosen to do it any other way. Only thing we're still waiting on is the Canvas we ordered onboard to have one of our wedding photos transferred to. Everyone onboard went so far above and beyond we wrote "you made the difference" cards onboard AND a 2 page letter to Princess when we got home commending the coordinator, photographer, Captain, Room Steward, Head Waiter, Food and Beverage Manager and the entire Sabatini staff. We couldn't believe how much they all seemed to actually care about how our wedding turned out (even taking pictures of us with their personal cameras). Would suggest a wedding onboard for anyone looking for a low-stress way to get married. We spent the entire week hanging out with our guests and got married on the last at sea day (cruising for another honeymoon week alone following the wedding cruise). Best week of our lives (so far) and we wouldn't change a thing.

Good Luck!!!

We were recently married on the Caribbean princess (January). Everything went beautifully, the Captain married us on the aft deck at sea (pics in my profile, full review of wedding on wedding board). We wouldn't have chosen to do it any other way. Only thing we're still waiting on is the Canvas we ordered onboard to have one of our wedding photos transferred to. Everyone onboard went so far above and beyond we wrote "you made the difference" cards onboard AND a 2 page letter to Princess when we got home commending the coordinator, photographer, Captain, Room Steward, Head Waiter, Food and Beverage Manager and the entire Sabatini staff. We couldn't believe how much they all seemed to actually care about how our wedding turned out (even taking pictures of us with their personal cameras). Would suggest a wedding onboard for anyone looking for a low-stress way to get married. We spent the entire week hanging out with our guests and got married on the last at sea day (cruising for another honeymoon week alone following the wedding cruise). Best week of our lives (so far) and we wouldn't change a thing.

Good Luck!!!

Glad to hear everything turned out well for your wedding. We had the same wonderful experience you describe.

Is Alba still with The Wedding Experience?

Scott

ahracer & txrn:

Boy, I hope you are right...

Geeze, why then didn't they tell us that? re (Wedding Experience). Both the purser and future sales told us the same thing:confused: Well, We're going to take your

advice and call.

Hey, MBW, thank you for the invite. As soon as my fiance (:D ) gets home from

work we'll sign up. Thank You again.

Andy

We were married on the Coral and they could not have done it better. The attention to detail was so professional. I have to say it was a great experience and have nothing but the best to say of Princess. This was a year and a half ago.

Archived