Celebrity Wedding experiences?

acouch

Hello Celebrity cruisers! I have never been on a Celebrity cruise (only Carnival) and am currently investigating my wedding cruise! We have found an itinerary that we really like on Celebrity. I am curious to see if any of you have had your wedding with Celebrity and or have seen weddings on the ship! It is one of the few cruise lines that you can get married on the deck! However, I am wondering how private this is? Anyway, any comments, stories, suggestions, pictures, etc. would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

My sister was married on Galaxy before she sailed from Baltimore. At the time, Celebrity was using a vendor that I believe was called Weddings for You. In checking Celebrity's website, it appears they are now using The Wedding Experience. You can find more information at both Celebrity's website in the FAQ, and on the vendor's site.

My sisters wedding was done before the cruise departed, and was held in the main restaurant, with the ceremony on the Grand Staircase within the restaurant. The wedding couple were the only ones actually doing the cruise, but the other guests were pre-boarded before even the folks doing the cruise were let on. She also had a reception afterwards, with a dinner. The restaurant was closed to other passengers during this time. Overall, I'd say the ceremony and the reception went very well. One of the ship's photographers did all the photo work, and after the ceremony took the bride and the groom around the ship and posed them in various settings. I agreed to do the reception photography, which worked out fairly well with this. The ship's galley and restaurant staff did all the food preparation and serving. The wedding vendor handled all the details, and as I said, things seemed to go well.

The only hitch in the whole day was that the ship arrived late to port that morning, and Customs and Immigration were even later, so at one point we were quite concerned about getting it all done before the ship sailed. However, Celebrity's port staff did some serious negotiations with the federal officials, and got them to allow us to board the ship before it had been cleared by the officials, somewhat of a unheard-of concession. Due to this, we had plenty of time for the ceremony and reception, and even got to wander the ship a bit afterwards. Actually, seeing the Galaxy and its crew in this manner is what hooked me on cruising.

I've never seen a wedding on deck, and I'd have to believe it would not be possible for it to be quite as private as the one I attended.

I know I've got tons of photos from the wedding and the reception somewhere -- I'll have to see if I can dig them up and post a few online if I get the time :rolleyes:

I do not know about Celbrity but I see one wedding being performed on deck. The area was roped off but you could still see the couple being married. This was on Dawn Princess (no chaple). The quests for the wedding were boraded first, they left right after the wedding and the couple stayed on board for their honeymoon.

Hi there --

We're getting married, this August, in port in Vancouver just before we board the Summit for Alaska.

We originally wanted to be married at sea -- by the captain -- but (apparently) Celebrity doesn't do that.

Our travel agent, upon Celebrity's referral, directed us to the wedding consulting firm -- the same one mentioned in a previous post.

Since our only option was to get married in port, it became a matter of figuring out which port would be most convenient for us. For us, it was Vancouver -- the easiest place for non-cruising guests to get to (as opposed to some place like Juneau). Plus it's worked out really well because we'll be married at the Pan Pacific then run downstairs to the ship -- making it a real honeymoon (and Vancouver is beautiful). :rolleyes:

I've read many posts by couples who were married on a Celebrity ship and they've all been filled with nothing but good things. Our plans just turned out slightly different than we first anticipated.

Those are my two cents. :D

Good luck! Congratulations on your engagement!

~ trish

Archived