Recent HAL menus?

SASSYMI2

Can anyone post some recent HAL menus? Main dining room.... dinner, breakfast, lunch? Pinnacle?

Cruising the Westerdam in Feb. Haven't cruised Hal in over 10 years.

I consider myself a foodie...and I'm cruisin for the food!!

Edited by SASSYMI2

Try Googling "HALfacts" for lots of information including menus. If you post your question on the Holland America section you'll probably get some more info, but the above site is a good place to start.

Westerdam was my first Caribbean ship!

Okay, try this one...."Roger Jett photography". He posts on the HAL board frequently and links this site. It has a Westerdam menu from last summer (Alaska), and pretty current ones for Eastern and Western Caribbean trips.

Westerdam is Oosterdam's slightly younger sister, so it's pretty similar..

The deli is part of the lido restaurant and will do made to order stuff as well as the sandwiches that are listed. I can't remember if it is open for dinner or just during the lunch/afternoon time slot.

I'm sailing on another sister ship, the Zuiderdam, in March. I guess you could say that I like the dam sisters just fine.

Koshlong...many thanks.

That website is awesome!!!!!

Just what I was looking for.

Glad you found what you were seeking on my website. I don't get to this forum very often or I would have posted the links.

Note that under the Travel tab of my website is a tour of the Westerdam in PDF format.

There are two series of menus for 7-day Caribbean cruises with slight variations so that those doing back-to-back cruises will have some variety. If you identify the entrees on the first menu as either Series A or B, you will know the rest of the weeks meals. Note that the second Formal Night will serve lobster tails.

If you see crab legs as an appetizer, it will be two-finger length legs. Since there is no limit to what you can order, I recommend ordering four helpings of this appetizer on the same plate for a nice start to a meal.

Enjoy your cruise on the Westy.

• 1 month later...
Glad you found what you were seeking on my website. I don't get to this forum very often or I would have posted the links.

Note that under the Travel tab of my website is a tour of the Westerdam in PDF format.

There are two series of menus for 7-day Caribbean cruises with slight variations so that those doing back-to-back cruises will have some variety. If you identify the entrees on the first menu as either Series A or B, you will know the rest of the weeks meals. Note that the second Formal Night will serve lobster tails.

If you see crab legs as an appetizer, it will be two-finger length legs. Since there is no limit to what you can order, I recommend ordering four helpings of this appetizer on the same plate for a nice start to a meal.

Enjoy your cruise on the Westy.

I want to compliment you on your HAL info website, it is truly comprehensive and awesome, plus there are a lot of nice pictures. We are cruising HAL on the Veendam in May, and I am wondering if you have any inkling if either the HAL East Carribbean menu or the HAL West Caribbean menu are similar to the one offered on the Veendam Boston to Bermuda itinerary? I know Bermuda isn't technically the Caribbean, but I have a feeling whatever it is it won't be the menu for the Alaska sailing lol. Though I do like pea soup :) If you happen to read this, thank you in advance.

Lorie

I want to compliment you on your HAL info website, it is truly comprehensive and awesome, plus there are a lot of nice pictures. We are cruising HAL on the Veendam in May, and I am wondering if you have any inkling if either the HAL East Carribbean menu or the HAL West Caribbean menu are similar to the one offered on the Veendam Boston to Bermuda itinerary? I know Bermuda isn't technically the Caribbean, but I have a feeling whatever it is it won't be the menu for the Alaska sailing lol. Though I do like pea soup :) If you happen to read this, thank you in advance.

Lorie

Thanks for visiting my hobby website. HAL usually uses the same two menu Series (A & B) for all of their Caribbean cruises. I would recommend you take my Eastern and Western Caribbean menus files with you. If the first day matches one of the two Series, it is a good bet that the rest of the week will be that series.

Unfortunately, I have not scanned any menus for Boston-Bermuda.

All of the other Specialty Restaurant, Beverage, and Room Service (free 24/7) are the same for all HAL cruises.

Edited by Crew News