Misty Fjords Flightseeing

Newbcruiser1

Me again! :)

Any recommendations on companies for Flightseeing tours of Misty Fjords in Ketchikan?

I emailed Island Wings as per many recommendations here - they do have availability, but only from 12-2 and our ship departs at 3pm. I have no (okay, very little...) doubt they'll get us back in time, but I do worry that our time might get cut short in the process. It also seems to be one of the more expensive tours, at $239pp.

Thanks once again for any advice or experiences!

We booked Family Air Tours. We get in at 7:30am, we meet the owner at 7:45am on the dock for an 8am flight.

It did take some time to get in touch with them. I emailed them through my regular cable account, probably 3x and never got a response. I sent another through my gmail account and they responded immediately. They said their emails kept bouncing back, which I figured something like that was happening, the server can be wonky.

Thanks for the recommendations - will check them out!

Budget Queen - I'm not worried about missing the ship - I'm more concerned that f any of the earlier flights are delayed due to low clouds, etc, it could delay ours as well in which case it would be a no-go due to its proximity to our ship's departure time. I read a thread on Trip Advisor from someone who had that very issue.

Me again! :)

Any recommendations on companies for Flightseeing tours of Misty Fjords in Ketchikan?

I emailed Island Wings as per many recommendations here - they do have availability, but only from 12-2 and our ship departs at 3pm. I have no (okay, very little...) doubt they'll get us back in time, but I do worry that our time might get cut short in the process. It also seems to be one of the more expensive tours, at $239pp.

Thanks once again for any advice or experiences!

We are going to be in Ketchikan in early July. We originally wanted to see the Bears catching salmon. We spoke to Marty with Alaska Seaplane Tours who told us it is too early in the season for that but recommended "the Bears of the Fjords Tour" thru Misty Fjords., Includes ground transportation. Looking forward to this long awaited vacation.

Further to my last question, has anyone used either Carlin Air or Seawind Aviation? If so, can you please share your experiences? I'm having trouble selecting a company (and am still waiting for some others to respond back).

Further to my last question, has anyone used either Carlin Air or Seawind Aviation? If so, can you please share your experiences? I'm having trouble selecting a company (and am still waiting for some others to respond back).

I have flown with Jeff Carlin- known as a well respected superb pilot. :)

web searches can offer more historical information on accidents

Edited by Budget Queen