Cape Liberty - Doing It Right

xramx

We approached the terminal for our Celebrity Cruise to Bermuda on 5/3 with more than a little anxiety, having read many negative comments. Guess that must have been the old facility because the new one is run like clockwork. Never had a better managed luggage drop off. A port employee was managing the flow; stopping cars until one of the slots were available, then directing them to it. We were 3rd or 4th in line and the whole process took maybe 5 minutes.

Finding the parking was a no brainer, but when we boarded the bus back to the terminal. they announced we were suppose to bring our luggage onto the bus when we returned. Right ... there was only a small area for luggage and given one of our suitcase weighted more than a small elephant, lifting it would be a really challenge.

Wrong ... when we returned and approached the area for getting the bus to parking, I saw this big fellow jump off the arriving vehicle, take the suitcase of those in line & put them on the bus. When the small luggage area was filled, off the bus went ... a 30+ person bus with only 8 people. My fear of a delay was quickly dispelled when another bus pulll right up. I never had to touch my luggage .. and this smaller 20ish person bus depart with only 6 people on board. As we pull away from the curb, I could see another bus pull in behind us. Wow!

At the parking area, the bus had barely stopped when the driver began unloading the luggage to the area immediately outside the bus. I was so impressed I was considering how much I should tip ... but, didn't have a chance. He jumped back in the vehicle and drove off ... back to the terminal.

Although our class of service on the cruise allowed us to bypass any waiting in the terminal, things seemed to be cool calm and collected ... something more than one of our previous cruises lack.

So, our embarkation and disembarkation were so good ... I had to write this reivew!!!

We are having Dial 7 pick us up at 9:00 on Sunday upon returning to Cape Liberty. Now that you no longer have to take a bus to get from ship to terminal, what time should I request to get off ship to have enough time to collect our two suitcases?