Barcelona Bike & Wine Tour?

We will be in Barcelona on RCI Allure of the Seas in early Oct on a Sunday. We've never been to Barcelona before and know that it's a great city. However, we were thinking about doing something different and a little more physical than the typical cruise excursion. We found an interesting tour through Spanish Trails that is a bike and wine tour outside of the city. It involves a 50 min train trip from Plaza Catalunya to Lavern before we meet the guide and begin our tour. We are responsible for getting to and from Lavern on our own.

The ship is in port one day arriving at 5am and leaving at 6pm. It looks like it would be a cab ride from the pier to the train station. Then we get our own train tickets to/from Lavern.

Has anybody done this tour and/or dealt with train travel around Barcelona (on a Sunday) especially for total newbies to European train travel? Any thoughts whether or not this excursion is do-able?

All input welcome. Thanks in advance

As an avid cyclist, your tour sounds great. Hopefully, you are on a bike trail instead of a highway. The way people drive in Spain, I would not be comfortable biking on the roads.

A word of warning, just buying a train ticket in Barcelona can be frustrating. If you don't buy your ticket in advance, you may have to wait in line for quite a while. So go early enough to factor in a wait. We did take the train to Monserrat and the wait was not so long, but at one of the large stations, trying to go to Tarragona, we encountered very long lines.

Are you sure the train leaves from Plaza Catalunya?

Our train to Monserrat departed from Pl. Espanya.

Hi, just thought I would add that in case you decide not to navigate a RT train trip outside Barcelona on a port stop, there are many places near the port to rent bicycles and lots of people are doing that. (I'm staying in Barcelona now for a few days pre-cruise.) It's a very busy city with traffic all the time but there are lots of designated bike paths. This is my second visit here and I'm still finding that there is so much to see and do.

Edited by Chloe1500