Booking Trenitalia Train Tickets Online in Advance?

VirtualRain

What's the general advice?

My thinking is that on a cruise, you're timelines are pretty established and rigid and therefore booking a specific train in advance isn't that much of a risk. And I'm guessing it can save you a bit of time and hassle at the train station.

On the other hand, maybe it's just not worth booking online in advance... and is just as easy as buying at the train station?

As an example, I can buy my desired intercity train tickets between Genoa and Monterosso now (a month in advance)... is it cheaper or advantageous to do so now? Or should I just do it at the station?

Of course, regional trains are a different matter... is it worth booking those in advance while on-board? Or just wait til you're off at the station?

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the link.

I ran into some problems with Trenitalia. I purchased 2 intercity tickets but the transaction took some time because I had to reset my visa password. They charged my account but didn't send me my tickets or any information on how I can retrieve my tickets. No email from them either. :(

I tried calling both the US and Italy call centres... No help from them, also.

Anyway, the link above has an email contact in case of any problems. Hopefully, they can help.

:)