Hawaiian Heritage Jewelry

goinggoinggone

Royal Hawaiian Heritage Jewelry and Na Hoku come to mind (you can google both of them). Costco's fine jewelry case has also had a few items. Do keep in mind that this sort of thing can be rather expensive - but it certainly is unique and something you're not going to see just everywhere.

Aloha! Silversweethearts is correct that Hawaiian Heirloom jewelry can be very expensive. The pieces are made of gold, so naturally they are costly. Do you mean jewelry like shown here:

http://www.nahoku.com/collections/hawaiian-heirloom-jewelry.html

I had longed for a beautiful Hawaiian Heirloom bangle bracelet for a very long time, and finally about 4 years ago, I had Na Hoku make one for me. It wasn't cheap, but I absolutely love it and wear it every day, everywhere. These jewelry pieces are custom made and the choices and options you have are tremendous.

For example, for a bracelet: What width? What weight? What pattern? What background for your name, Ku'uipo (means sweetheart), etc. Do you want your name to be enameled? What edge do you want? Size of course. Any inscription on the inside? Etc., etc. The finished piece is definitely one of a kind! They are hand made in Hawaii. Philip Rickard also has lovely pieces but I think his jewelry is only on Oahu??

Aloha again, goinggoinggone!

Yes, I had my name (loosely) translated into Hawaiian and engraved on my bracelet. I had my name done in black enamel. I chose white gold as opposed to the traditional yellow gold since I always wear silver toned jewelry. I had a scripture engraved inside that I love as well. It's a very special piece of jewelry to me and I treasure it daily. It reminds me of my very favorite place on this planet. :)

(the reason I say my name was loosely translated is because in general there are few direct translations of names from english to Hawaiian)

Silver Sweethearts is there a Royal Hawaiian Heritage store in downtown Waikiki? I think there is one in Honolulu downtown?

They do have a location in Honolulu on Bishop Street. We believe that is the site of their factory, but we aren't familiar with Honolulu that much. As southerngirl528 mentioned, the bangle bracelet with your first name in black enamel lettering is a one-of-a-kind keepsake.

If you decide not to order something custom, check out various department/big box stores in the islands.