Rental Car Drop off Near Port of Houston?

muse_clio

Considering renting a car to drive from Hobby to Kemah and then dropping off the car the next day if a drop off location exists near Port of Houston. Avis, Enterprise, Budget, or Hertz. Anyone know?

Enterprise has an office near the port area in Houston but it is only open till noon on Saturday and not open at all on Sunday. Our Princess cruise in Dec. is a Sunday to Sunday itinerary. The biggest issue with Enterprise is that there is a $100 charge in additional to your rental fee for renting the car at the airport and dropping it at another office. A little steep for a one day rental! I would be interested to know if you find some other rental car company that has a better option. I even called a couple of hotels in the Port area and they knew of the Enterprise office close by. None of the hotels had rental car offices within their locations.

I'm also curious! I thought I'd had it figured out, but realized that the pickup/drop off location was in Texas City (about 20 minutes away) I'm thinking this is less than ideal :/

I'm in agreement. I checked Avis, Hertz, and Enterprise. None are convenient. :( Possibly why the Houston cruise terminal is not doing as well as expected.

I'm in agreement. I checked Avis, Hertz, and Enterprise. None are convenient. :( Possibly why the Houston cruise terminal is not doing as well as expected.

It is a huge investment for any business and, to have e few customers two or three days a week, does not make it economically feasible.

I am sure each researched the possibility.

Having traveled extensively, not everything is convenient, but one must make do.

It is a huge investment for any business and, to have e few customers two or three days a week, does not make it economically feasible.

I am sure each researched the possibility..

Yes, you stated the issue much more clearly than I. I wasn't being derogatory. Only noting that an investment in a rental car made no sense because the expense did not make the trip any more convenient. At least in our case.

Edited by muse_clio

Yes, you stated the issue much more clearly than I. I wasn't being derogatory. Only noting that an investment in a rental car made no sense because the expense did not make the trip any more convenient. At least in our case.

I know and I understand the frustration.

We travel all over the world. Sometime we have the convenience of using a rental car, other times we must use a car service or other means of transportation at great expense, but take it all in stride and factor in the cost.

Windjammer sailing out of New England was probably the most expensive to get to and longest drive to the port then return to the airport - in another state, but it was worth it.

The car sat in a barn for a week -

It all depends on where one desires to go and at what expense.