Alternative to Rome - Cooking Class

JM-1972

I posted this as part of my review on the Royal Caribbean forum and thought that it might be useful for others visiting Civitavecchia who are looking for an alternative to Rome.

Civitavecchia- Shuttles are provided by the port for free to Largo Della Pace. Unfortunately this is a new drop off in Civitavecchia next to the Fire Station Tower it is now much further to walk to the train station. There was a free bus being offered I think to the train station. We have been to Rome twice and wanted to do something different. I did some research and found a cooking class at a local restaurant in Civitavecchia. We were picked up from the port gates and taken to the restaurant where we made several Italian dishes and then enjoyed the dishes over a long lunch with a jug of wine. I booked this through contacting Ristorante Aqua Civitavecchia and emailed Frederico the chef and owner of the restaurant. The charge for the class and lunch provided was very reasonable. He has some excellent photos on a popular social media site under Cooking Class Civitavecchia. I would highly recommend this as an alternative to Rome.

8E35C68B-7563-4625-A6A1-74BB8C83A8D9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have an email for the restaurant's cooking class. There was an email on Trip Advisor but hi haven't gotten a response.

On our day in Civitavecchia, there are five ships in port. Would it be hard to get a shuttle to the port gate to meet the leader of the cooking class.

• 7 months later...

We were also looking for an alternative to going into Rome again. I just found Aqua Ristorante's cooking class online yesterday so am glad to read your review - thanks for posting. I also read a lot of good reviews on TripAdvisor, so have been in contact with Federico for our port day in October. Should be fun! :)