How picky is Accademia about ticket times?

SailingDeanna

We had to switch our schedule around due to availability of leaning tower of Pisa tickets. Now this throws off the time I have already booked for the Accademia.

How picky is the Accademia about your ticket time? Can you go early? Or can I change the time after already purchasing?

We were about 30 minutes late for our ticket time and they still let us in. Once we got to Florence, we got a cab from the square to get us there faster.

I don't know if you can change your time or enter early. There is a long line to purchase tickets so if you have pre purchased yours, you can go to the front of the line.

We were at the Accademia only a few days ago, having pre-booked tickets. We arrived 10-15 minutes before our allotted time and stood in line for 45 minutes while they kept letting in hundreds of people in tour groups. Organisation was a shambles.

I would say that if you arrive later than your allotted time you will get in - as even if you arrive at your allotted time you will be in later than the time on the ticket. If you want to go a lot earlier it may be a problem as, if you've booked online, you need to exchange your email confirmation for tickets. We passed by the Uffizi earlier in the day than our pre-booked tickets and wanted to collect them (not to go earlier but just to pick them up) but we were told we could only go at our allotted time.

It may be worth emailing to see if you can get them changed

Edited by Bobal

Thanks, Bobal. This isn't good news at all for us.

I am booked with Rome in Limo and Jany tells me it won't be a problem. I am stressing about this one. We need to go about an hour earlier than what is on our ticket. I did try emailing. I thought I purchased tickets direct. They claim I didn't. I can't get a refund or change of time since I purchased them more than 15 days ago.

Edited by SailingDeanna

Thanks, Bobal. This isn't good news at all for us.

I am booked with Rome in Limo and Jany tells me it won't be a problem. I am stressing about this one. We need to go about an hour earlier than what is on our ticket. I did try emailing. I thought I purchased tickets direct. They claim I didn't. I can't get a refund or change of time since I purchased them more than 15 days ago.

The only thing I would say is that tour operators seem to be able to circumvent the rules - they can get straight to the front of the line collecting tickets and their groups are let in in front of people who have been standing in line for ages, having prebooked and paid.

If you are travelling with a tour operator from Rome in Limo they may be able to arrange a change of ticket for you.

Good luck, hope it works out for you :)