Visit to Romney Gardens/Manor ONLY

Aislinncursala

Hello, I did a tour in May with the ship's excursion of Romney Manor, Caribelle Batik and the Fortress. I did not enjoy it. I would prefer to spend 3-4 hours in Romney Gardens/Manor since I am an artist and would like to sketch and take photos to paint back home. Is there any way to accomplish this? I feel it's too risky to just ask a taxi to take me there by myself and trust to get there and back? Has anyone done this sort of thing?

Thank you.

It would not be risky to go to Caribelle Batik alone in a taxi. You may have a difficult time finding a taxi in the port area that would accommodate you but it is a short walk to the Circus where there are taxis that would be available. Tell your driver exactly what you want do do. Point to point fares are regulated.I would arrange for a return trip as you would have to pay for them to wait for you. I believe that there is an admission fee now of about $3.00 US

You can also take the bus. Walk to the Ferry Terminal and ask the driver if they drive pass Romney- some buses only go so far.

The cost of the bus is $1.00 USD one way and $3.00 USD entrance fee to Romney.

It will be a short walk to the main road, and you will flag down the bus to get you back.

Look for H or HA green license plates.

Most buses do NOT go off of the main island road. I have read in the local paper's court report of drivers being fined for doing that.

My post clearly states that Romney is a short walk to the main road - my guess about 10 minutes. Get off at the main road, walk up to the Wingfield Plantation, then proceed past the start of the rainforest. Once you cross the bridge, you are on the Romney property.

Not sure where you assumed that I said the bus will go off the main road- I said buses drive past.

Once you are on the main road, local buses are constantly going northbound or southbound, all the OP will have to do is stand at the side of the road and a local bus will stop for him and take him back to the ferry Terminal.

Total Cost $5.00 USD

Edited by toes_in_sand

It is located in Old Road Town. There is a sign on your right on the the main road indicating the direction up the hill to Caribelle Batik. It is about a half mile or so.

Edited by paul58
additional information.