Our Carnival Freedom Wedding

Thank you to everyone for all their ideas and support during my planning stages. We are technically considered a vow renewal since we had a courthouse wedding but we used this as our official wedding. we had 24 sailing with us. Our wedding hostess and photographer were amazing. Everything went seamlessly, and i have no complaints.

16p001.jpg.274b68111908544cfc9a84667ce9ce6f.jpg

16p026.jpg.2d6ddb7331db497806358462103fcb3f.jpg

16p072.jpg.322e3e4d7fa7f8b8f62f203ed6223085.jpg

16p130.jpg.7ffae97bfcdc3442f7b891391eb8736e.jpg

16p155.jpg.003e4638a9d95e985461c8270dd5fd95.jpg

16p140.jpg.ad31870425e76e380cb2ee6530864bac.jpg

16p144.jpg.2c8771712b29b2c00a77051d5cd93cca.jpg

16p174.jpg.7b6829ae477eaf5411c41c4d72898dd6.jpg

16p197.jpg.18d15c92df812fbc61d157ea2ee20cd1.jpg

16p239.jpg.0843f0e6f94a9afbad9aabecfcbe1e46.jpg

Beautiful pics! Thank you for sharing! Did you get married in port? I am getting married in July on the Legend in the port of Tampa!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we got married on the first sea day

Thank you to everyone for all their ideas and support during my planning stages. We are technically considered a vow renewal since we had a courthouse wedding but we used this as our official wedding. we had 24 sailing with us. Our wedding hostess and photographer were amazing. Everything went seamlessly, and i have no complaints.

OP, it looks like you had a lovely wedding. We are sailing on the Freedom later this year and looking forward to it.

Thank you that is good to know, there is no time limit.

It's one of the reasons we chose Carnival. We were legally married on Jan. 1 and had our wedding on Jan. 15, while the ship was at-sea.:D

Congrats on your Wedding!

I am getting married on the Freedom on 12/19/14 and was undecided if to marry before the cruise or pay the fees and get married on the island of Grand Turk. I think we may just get married in the courthouse and use the cruise wedding as out official date!

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on your wedding.... Your pics are lovely.... I do wanna ask since I'm being married on Carnival Sensation 11/20/2014.... I really loved your top layer diamonds look on your cake... Did you bring along the supplies or was it request with Carnival...

Congrats on your wedding.... Your pics are lovely.... I do wanna ask since I'm being married on Carnival Sensation 11/20/2014.... I really loved your top layer diamonds look on your cake... Did you bring along the supplies or was it request with Carnival...

From all the posts I have seen, you can bring the ribbon on board and the chef will put it on your cake for you. Hope that helps.

• 1 year later...

Hello and congrats!! I'm getting married on the Carnival Freedom 7/23/2016.

I hear the Swingtime Jazz Lounge is a smoking area. A friend of mine who just sailed on the Freedom a few weeks ago confirmed that it absolutely reeks of smoke. I'm not trying to get a migraine on my wedding day, and the smokey smell would NOT be okay for many of my guests.

The wedding coordinator said they would go in and sort of fumigate it a few days prior to the wedding in preparation, but in my experience you CANNOT get the smokey smell out of carpets and fabrics no matter how hard you try.

Did you have this "fumigation" or whatever? Did it work? I'm very apprehensive...

We are scheduled to get married on the Freedom on April 30th... just 3 short months away.

Were you in the Swingtime lounge for the Ceremony? What about the reception? Although she cannot confirm until 2 weeks prior, our coordinator stated we are slated for the Swingtime lounge. We will be in the club for the reception because we booked the DJ.

we were married on the Fantasy, sorry.

here are my photos. we used the on board photographer. both him and the wedding coordinator were GREAT!

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk9cNxC9

Did the on board photographer do the photos on the beach also?? We were thinking of hiring someone from Cozumel to do some beach photos but haven't started looking yet. If we use the on board photographer for off ship photos is it crazy expensive? (Sorry... hope you don't mind me asking! Just trying to budget for the memories :D)