TWT....which side of bus?

fishman620

Which side of the bus should we sit on while taking the Tundra Wilderness Tour, or does it make a difference. Will we be able to see Mt. Denali on this tour?

Side doesn't matter, the bus turns around and goes back the same way it went in.

From the web site:

A full view of Mt. McKinley is a rare treat in Denali National Park and Preserve, and when visible, your tour will continue beyond the Toklat rest area to Stony Hill Overlook to provide truly awe-inspiring views of North America’s highest peak.

http://www.reservedenali.com/play/tours/tundra-wilderness.aspx

What I do, is split up and each of us gets a window seat on each side of the bus. Unfortunately the tours buses, most always are run full. Shuttle buses aren't.

But each having a window seat, gives you access to both sides and no problem, leaning over seats. :)

As for Denali. I still haven't seen it in the park- totally. I've seen sections of it, and 30 second views of the peak a few times, in the park. I have seen seen "it"- like those postcard photos, outside the park. :)

Thank you for the information. We also have a LONG bus ride from Denali to Seward, which side is better to sit on for that portion of the journey. I gues the #1 site seeing for us would be to get a glimpse of Mt. Denali.

that is a grueling bus ride. It is not considered "Mt Denali" it is simply- Denali. The mt views are mostly going to be behind you, sitting on the passenger side of the bus. This also gives you the Arm view. You have a lot of trees and more trees unfortunately in some sections.