Canadian North Package - How Early to Book?

CrimsonAndClover

Hi Cruisers,

I am doing preliminary info-gathering for our first cruise (my husband and I) and was wondering if some kind folks who have done the the inclusive package with Celebrity/Canadian North, would be able to answer a few questions I have until I get in to speak with our travel agent.

First the details:

We are looking at sailing on one of these two cruises:

1) Silhouette, Feb. 5-12 2017, Western Caribbean

2) Silhouette, Feb. 12-19 2017, Eastern Caribbean

Now hears my questions - From my readings on Cruise Critic, it seems many people book pretty far in advance (some up to or close to a year in advance). I would presume this is only the early-birds who want to make sure they get their preferred staterooms and that there is still a decent selection left for those booking later, since the ads don't usually appear until later in the year prior to sailing.

We usually have booked land all-inclusives in the fall and still have a good choice of availability of rooms. I am wondering if this holds true for Celebrity packages as well. Specifically, if we wait to book in say September or October, will we still get a good stateroom?

The staterooms I am looking at right now are on Vista Deck mid-ship, Veranda. An aft veranda stateroom would be good also, as would the Sunrise Deck, mid or aft section.

So, if we wait will this dramatically cut down on choices of stateroom? Also, does anyone who has followed this package for the last few years (not sure, but it looks like this package deal started in 2014) know if prices fluctuate much?

My travel agent can probably answer this, but I just wanted to get a heads up before I can get there to see her. :)

I would doubt that you can book the all inclusive packages for next year yet.

Your travel agent should be able to tell you for sure but I think we only saw advertising for them in September for the following winter.

We have done this package this March and last March. It was my impression that not all sailings on Silhouette and Reflection were available from Ottawa but again, your travel agent should be able to find out for you. We booked in late January or early February to sail in March and were able to secure a midship verandah on both cruises with no problem.

If you want a specific cabin on a specific sailing, perhaps your travel agent could book it for you with a deposit, and then switch you to the package when it becomes available. We thought the package was very good value and it was run very well both last year and this year from Ottawa.

To answer your last question- for us, the price from 2015 to 2016 differed by about $200 total. Which was not bad, considering that the Canadian dollar was not worth as much this year. I think I saw cheaper prices in the fall but didn't decide to book until January.

We booked in late January or early February to sail in March and were able to secure a midship verandah on both cruises with no problem.

This is good to know. We would prefer not booking overly early.

We don't need a specific cabin. As long as a good choice is available, we will be fine. Sounds like from what you said, there will be no problem with that.

Edited by CrimsonAndClover

To answer your last question- for us, the price from 2015 to 2016 differed by about $200 total. Which was not bad, considering that the Canadian dollar was not worth as much this year. I think I saw cheaper prices in the fall but didn't decide to book until January.

Thanks for this info.