Riu Palace

tjmaher

We will be in Nassau next month and looking at the day pass to the Riu Palace. If anyone can offer any feed back from their experience there. If you could also tell me how far from pier and the cost of the taxi round trip or if the #10 goes by it, that would be great. My other choice would be the Melia. I think Breezes is too far away from port. I would greatly appreciate any insight you can provide.

We've gotten day passes at RIU twice and also spent a weekend there. We enjoyed it or we wouldn't have gone back. :) But as with anything, it depends on what you're looking for. Did you have any specific questions?

Buses do not go to Paradise Island so you would need a taxi to get to RIU. The taxis cost $4 a person (plus tax). Coming back, you can catch a taxi at the hotel and I believe the price is $11 for 2 people.

Melia and Breezes are both on Cable Beach. Melia is actually about a mile farther away than Breezes. Both are easy to get to by taxi ($15 for 2 people) or by #10 bus ($1.25 a person).

Edited by CruisinCrow

Thanks for your quick reply. We are just looking for a really nice resort with a beautiful beach to relax on for the day. I don't really know the difference between Cabbage Beach or Cable Beach. Glad you enjoyed you time at the Riu Palace. I believe it is where we will end up.

Cabbage Beach and Cable Beach are both beautiful but in different ways. Cable Beach is shallower and calmer. I think Cabbage Beach is prettier but sometimes it is too rough for swimming. You really have to watch the conditions if you want to get in the water at Cabbage Beach. But on Cabbage Beach, you can take a long walk all the way down to the jetty (maybe a mile or so).

RIU and Breezes are both all-inclusive. At RIU you get a buffet lunch (and breakfast if you get there early enough). At Breezes, they have a buffet lunch and a small beach grill. Both have one smallish pool with a swim-up bar. RIU is quieter while Breezes has more activities.

Melia is not all-inclusive but I think they do have some day pass options that include lunch. It is a larger hotel than the other two and has 3 pools.