Suggestions for a port day in Boston

bakcd

When we dock in Boston on the Veendam, we will be continuing for the next week to Bermuda. This means we will be in port from 7am-4pm. I am looking for suggestions of what to do in that time frame and means of transportation. Lunch would be a nice option. We have done most of the tourist attractions. I would think we need to be back onboard by 3 for the lifeboat drill.

When we dock in Boston on the Veendam, we will be continuing for the next week to Bermuda. This means we will be in port from 7am-4pm. I am looking for suggestions of what to do in that time frame and means of transportation. Lunch would be a nice option. We have done most of the tourist attractions. I would think we need to be back onboard by 3 for the lifeboat drill.

What exact date will you be in Boston?

What tourist attractions have you already done?

Have you been to the Isabella Gardner Museum? That's one of my favorites in Boston. As the above poster asked, what HAVE you done already? What interests you? As for lunch there are many great places to eat. Depends on where you are and what your'e near come lunchtime.

We will be in on a Saturday. My main concern is finding transportation from and back to the port. We have been through the historic district several times so really do not care to do that again. This will probably be our last opportunity for lobster this trip so a lobster lunch would be nice, casual is ok.

I'd grab a cab or uber out of the port area and into downtown.

The Chart House (by Mariott Longwharf) is a nice place to eat; however, I don't see lobster on their lunch menu. It might be difficult to find a place serving lobster for lunch...a lobster roll, however, is probably on most lunch menus.

Legals Harborside has a very nice upstairs bar/restaurant. Once again, may be hard to find non-lobster roll lobster on the menu at lunch.

I personally love to walk around Boston and explore, even though I've lived here all my life. If you're truly not interested in seeing anything 'touristy', I'd do alot of walking and visit some bars/restaurants and sit outside if the weather cooperates.

We will be in on a Saturday. My main concern is finding transportation from and back to the port. We have been through the historic district several times so really do not care to do that again. This will probably be our last opportunity for lobster this trip so a lobster lunch would be nice, casual is ok.

The lobster question was asked recently - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2356355&highlight=hook

The Silver Line Bus, which stops in front of the Black Falcon Terminal, will take you to South Station. From there you can walk along Ft. Point Channel to Northern Ave (one lobster option) and wander on the Harborwalk, which can be picked up at the end of the Northern Ave Brdge - http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/planning/planning-initiatives/harborwalk

You can also do a free transfer from the Silver Line to the Red Line and go to Park St which is the Boston Common. http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/

$2.65/pp