Columbo Sri Lanka - Tour Operator Recommendations

Jade13

We will be in Columbo Sri Lanka overnight on Azamara Journey this November and trying to arrange a tour to Kandy.

I have contacted many tour operators but don't have recommendations for any of them (just some throug trip advisor)

Has anyone used any of these companies?

Blue Lanka

Sri Lanka Day Tours (I have a very positive feeling for this company with payment made that day but first quote for more than 2 persons was significantly higher in price but they are repricing).

Tours Lanka/Dream Vacations (very responsive but need 50% up front) so won't end up using them

Sri Lanka Tours

Ceylon Tours (immediate response and web shows buses and that they have been in business for a long time)

Walkers Tours

We are now looking at options to go by train there and van back.

Edited by Jade13

Just returned from land trip to this lovely country & spent 13 nights with great driver!

Company is genuinesrilankans.com. Worked with Sharon who was a delight. My driver was Canaka, a terrific 23 yo who took great care of me. I'm sure they will do shorter trips. You can mention my name, Cory Lynn, if you would like. I'm a seasoned, 69yo traveler & this was one of my best trips.

Happy travels,

Cory

• 3 years later...

I contacted Blue Lanka Tours to do a day tour with them . We would be in Columbo for the day on a cruise ship.We were a group of twenty friends,and I had never been to Sri Lanka before.All my emails were answered promptly with my queries.We had a wonderful guide who's English was excellent and was great at answering all our questions.Our bus was very clean.we had an amazing day & I was very impressed with the Sri Lankan people who were very happy.When visiting the market it was very interesting & people were happy for us to be there.We also visited a tea plantation.Traffic is quite hectic but our driver was very good and we felt very safe.Everyone said what a great day they had.

At the end of the day we were all presented with a really lovely gift from Blue Lanka Tours.I would love to spend more time in this lovely country and would defiantly use this company again.

Many thanks.