From Malaga - Hike Caminita del Rey ???

Has anyone been on or seen a day tour from Malaga to hike the Caminita del Rey? Please forward tour/guide info if available...Thanks!

Jen

I didn't know of any organised tours to the Caminito but came up with this one when I looked for you - it has pick ups on the Costa del Sol so there may well be one in Malaga but it will be an early start. https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/AttractionProductDetail?product=17739P7&d=2204069&aidSuffix=tvrm&partner=Viator

The other option is to take the train to Antequera from where a shuttle bus runs to the Caminito - tickets for the Caminito cost 10 euros but not sure if there is a charge for the shuttle. http://www.caminitodelrey.info/en/#2

You would need to book tickets very well in advance as daily numbers are strictly limited.

Hope this helps.

Edited by campolady

I visited in April, but we had a hire car. One of my friends had walked the Caminito a few weeks beforehand and said it wasn't half as scary or difficult as it looks. It was closed the day we were there, but the surrounding countryside is very pretty.

We had a nice lunch at the restaurant beside the lake. The colour of the water is amazing.

As I had worked in the area and visited many times I was surprised I hadn't visited before. However, will go again as it was well worthwhile.

• 2 weeks later...