Excursions/Beaches Montego Bay

Candyonchrome

3 friends and I are cruising in July and would like to save money by booking excursions to beaches or around town once we get to the port rather than booking with Carnival. We did this in Cozumel and Progreso and it worked out fine but is this doable in Montego Bay? Are the rates farely reasonable compared to the cruise line prices?

Looking for the same. Feb 15 we docked at Montego Bay and walked to Secrets Wild Orchid resort for our reserved day pass. I had reserved it with the resort before our cruise and it was $60 for each of us then. Tried booking another day pass for our upcoming cruise with friends and they said they no longer have day passes. Booking it with the ship is $120 each person (double!!!) and in my opinion, its not worth that much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 friends and I are cruising in July and would like to save money by booking excursions to beaches or around town once we get to the port rather than booking with Carnival. We did this in Cozumel and Progreso and it worked out fine but is this doable in Montego Bay? Are the rates farely reasonable compared to the cruise line prices?

What did you end up doing? I can't find a lot of into about things to do in MoBay