Limassol, Cyprus

We are booked on an NCL Eastern Mediterranean cruise next year (May 2017) and Limassol, Cyprus is one of the ports. When I do a search here on CC I come up with zilch for this port. Looking for any input - recommended activities, dining, etc. We will be in port for 9 hours. Thank you for any feedback. Planning is certainly part of the fun! :)

If you are comfortable driving and can find a rental agency that might be an option. I spent hours trying how to do this for our cruise and came up empty...but you might be a better researcher. Driving in Cyprus looked to be beyond easy, even with opposite side driving.

On our cruise someone came up with a company willing to do a bus tour. We opted for that. I always thought the woman who organized that tour should have been given a medal...it ended up two busses, we stopped in Kurion (sp?) on the way to Paphos. We had our best port meal ever, hands down, in Paphos. Paphos is worth the effort, with the archeological sites, and wonderful harbor.

Having done several vacations to Cyprus, we're not big fans of Limassol and, if you can arrange it, recommend renting a car for the day.

As others have said, head for the Roman ruins at Kurion then on to Paphos via Aphrodite's Rock. Lunch by the harbour in Paphos is pleasant and then walk to the mosaics close by. A lovely day out.

• 5 months later...

We are scheduled to be there in November (NCL) and are taking a tour to Nicosia in the mountains. It is world's only divided city (Greek & Turkey) and will let you know how it went.

spanosbusesCyprus.com

They have several tours, and our cc roll call is also having a tour to Pathos. Check out your own roll call and see what they have planned.